I want some honest opinions from real people!

Options
2»

Replies

• RigDiver678
    Options
    Thank you all SO much! Very enlightening. :)
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    you should try to cut the cardio to maybe 1-2 per week...and lift at least 3 times a week starting out..focusing on compound lifts..according to your stats you are pretty lean...you need to increase your cals....I nice slow bulk...your TDEE +100 cals then up it to 300 cals maybe after a month...muscle will get you the look you want....you have to eat at a surplus in order to gain muscle...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    linking the "goal pic" for reference
    tumblr_m1ph9gBVEz1rnfejco1_500.png

I would say...

3-4x/week focused strength training. Use a tried and true program
    2-3x/week conditioning like intervals or complexes
    Excellent macros, calorie deficit, dedication
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I agree with the posts recommending the new rules of lifting for women.

I'd be cutting back on the running and start lifting heavy weights.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance for a couple of months while doing a good progressive loading strength training routine like Stronglifts 5 x 5. Only do cardio if you want, and not a lot of it. After a few months, eat at a small surplus (250 - 300 cals a day). Bulk for as long as you can and then cut. Make sure you get adequate protein (1g per lb/lbm).
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    u need to be eating in a surplus and lifting consistently and progressively

good luck
  • loricshields47
    loricshields47 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    while I am too old to look like that lol I can see why your chasing it ~but have to agree you wont catch it runnung no matter how fast. Squat press' with your 10lbs can be added right away to the strength traing you do now but serious lifting required to be her. My husband and I have managed to collect a decent set of free wights second hand. 50 cents /lb is reasonable. Try kijiji or craigs list or what ever is available in your area. Good luck