Looking for friends & support

Options
Hello everyone. I started myfitnesspal yesterday and I'm looking for friends. I've done Weight Watchers, SparkPeople, Juicing, and a few other programs. Each of them worked until I stopped.

apparently 'stopping' is a problem :)

This time I plan to surround myself with motivated people facing the same challenges and enjoying the same rewards. Motivation to continue is key.

ABOUT ME. I lost 95 but fell off the wagon and put 56 back on. My goal is to take that back off and maintain. IMHO having people around you with common goals is key.

If you are looking for someone to offer support and encouragement I'm your guy............at least one of them. I look forward to meeting and working with all of you

Replies

• charlykay2
    charlykay2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also joined yesterday and we have about the same amount to loose...I need to drop (and not find again!) 51 lbs. Check out my profile for all of the diets I have tried. I once lost 40 lbs using the Atkins (high protein no carbs) but as soon as I started eating bread and pasta...the weight came right back. This program seems to be the smartest solution to weight loss I have seen yet.
    Good luck with your journey and if you think I'm a good fit for inspiration...friend me....would love the encouragement as well!
  • AtlantaBob
    AtlantaBob Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Of course you're a good fit. a GREAT fit. Thanks for responding. I'll send a friend request and maybe we can grow into a group of people that can stay motivated to succeed.
  • Krickette_16
    Options
    Hi & nice to meet you. I've been a member on this site for quite awhile, but only recently have started using the site again. I too like you have tried Sparkpeople and was successful on Weight Watchers, but though I could control the amount I ate without tracking. But realized that I do a lot better when I do track, so here I am back at it and determined to get (and keep) the weight back off.
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    DB, let's rock it for the warm weather coming up. Go ahead and add me.
  • mikeyh12
    mikeyh12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've got the same kind of story, trying to stay motivated not to stop...ever. If you want to add me maybe it will help keep us both going.
  • nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • kpstacy
    kpstacy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You've reached out to a great community. I am a personal trainer who personally lost 96 lbs and have kept it off for 7 years. Prior to that I tried every "diet" and have finally turned to good nutrition and exercise to keep it off for good. If you need anything you can call on me. Feel free to friend me. My food diary is open.... not always perfect, but it is open.... but that's what makes me feel I can help people..... I am real! Good luck on your journey my friend
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    AtlantaBob feel free to add me. I live in Ga myself. I assumed that's what the name means. I have lost 108lbs so far in 1yr. I still have 65-70 to go.
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Good luck to you!
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    All friends wecome :) I log everyday good or bad and am on site on and off all day long and try my best to encourage everyone :)
  • aleciawaters
    aleciawaters Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am looking for a strong support system. Ready to ride the waves, trying to lose almost 70 lbs.
  • terri_journey
    Options
    I also joined yesterday and we have about the same amount to loose...I need to drop (and not find again!) 51 lbs. Check out my profile for all of the diets I have tried. I once lost 40 lbs using the Atkins (high protein no carbs) but as soon as I started eating bread and pasta...the weight came right back. This program seems to be the smartest solution to weight loss I have seen yet.
    Good luck with your journey and if you think I'm a good fit for inspiration...friend me....would love the encouragement as well!
  • terri_journey
    Options
    CharleyKay feel free to add me too!!