MFP catfish?

Options

Replies

• CentralCaliCycling
    CentralCaliCycling Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Can't say I know what "Catfish" is but I am guessing some like to hide who they are and like it to be obvious while others live their lives in an electronic universe and would rather not be who they really are. As for me,,, I just like to ride.
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    this is the real me, in my panties and all :)

I like the real you, you look awesome BTW!

thank you :)
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be reasonable to presume that MOST people on the Internet are NOT what they present themselves to be. To protect oneself to some degree, a REASONABLE Person would take precautions...YOU do NOT know who or what is behind a "screen name".

ONLY when you meet someone IRL can you get some idea of who they are; and when you meet them you may DESPISE them! That is why I do not "get" Cyber Cliques...if these peeps met each other IRL they would prolly RUN the other way. I just accept the positive motivation, Live by MY own Values, and IF I "Friend" someone...I watch their activity and if they exhibit Values...that I do not like, I "UNFRIEND" quickly! NOTHING in Cyber is real, and of course, Why would any sane person put REAL info out there if they don't want it to come back at them.

I have met some people IRL that I first connected in Cyber, BUT we never exchanged too much info until we "knew" each other. What are YOU expecting...a "PREDATOR" can tell a "MARK" so Protect yourself. There are soooo MANY pathetic people out here, if you saw them, met them...you would say OMG, and RUN WAY. Most are looking for anything to call a life, and per chance someone that is as pathetic as they are will have phone or cyber sexx with them or some other vile stuff.

Sorry but YOU sound Naive!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Mine is all me, cooking up my post workout Crabby Patty. Got to get that protein bro.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    no, I agree that a lot of people online are like that, not naive at all. I just think it is kinda funny that the stories they tell are soooo out there that they even think it will owrk. ANd I agree that most pople that are friends on here would not get along in real life
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Mine is all me, cooking up my post workout Crabby Patty. Got to get that protein bro.

Truth. I know him.
  • Jerodhold
    Jerodhold Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my profile pic is really me, not sure tho, I could just be seeing things...
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be reasonable to presume that MOST people on the Internet are NOT what they present themselves to be. To protect oneself to some degree, a REASONABLE Person would take precautions...YOU do NOT know who or what is behind a "screen name".

ONLY when you meet someone IRL can you get some idea of who they are; and when you meet them you may DESPISE them! That is why I do not "get" Cyber Cliques...if these peeps met each other IRL they would prolly RUN the other way. I just accept the positive motivation, Live by MY own Values, and IF I "Friend" someone...I watch their activity and if they exhibit Values...that I do not like, I "UNFRIEND" quickly! NOTHING in Cyber is real, and of course, Why would any sane person put REAL info out there if they don't want it to come back at them.

I have met some people IRL that I first connected in Cyber, BUT we never exchanged too much info until we "knew" each other. What are YOU expecting...a "PREDATOR" can tell a "MARK" so Protect yourself. There are soooo MANY pathetic people out here, if you saw them, met them...you would say OMG, and RUN WAY. Most are looking for anything to call a life, and per chance someone that is as pathetic as they are will have phone or cyber sexx with them or some other vile stuff.

Aaaaand you sound a little angry. Or something. A distinct flavor of upset and condescending, that's for sure.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I used a self-portrait.

Just trust me...

me too!
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options

Aaaaand you sound a little angry. Or something. A distinct flavor of upset and condescending, that's for sure.

I agree. wow. I have plenty of friends here that also see me, know me in real life so it's not like I'm a "predator". Or maybe I am and just have a posse of "predator" friends to trick you all. lol
  • TC1728
    TC1728 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I don't always wear makeup so it's hard to tell this is really me. really
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Hahaha! This ^^^^ literally made me LOL! My thoughts exactly
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    this is the real me, in my panties and all :)

Ommmmmm, I'm tellin'.*

(*Okay, actually, I'm not...but I'm completely certain that others will. That's one of the MFP hot buttons.)

Not sure on this guy, he might be catfishy with those shades on. hmmm...
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    This is me, myself, and I!
  • Miz_Sparklez
    Miz_Sparklez Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    This is me...nothing fake about me :)
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    This is me...nothing fake about me :)

so you're made of photons?
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    This is me, myself, and I!

you're not fooling anybody. your profile says Nebraska, but i don't see any corn.

you = catfish
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I am honest to a fault. I overshare. I trust most people. I even have problems being sarcastic because sometimes that feels like lying to me! LOL :smile:
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    pure peeps.

195744_5413509299_1027571_n.jpg
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    pure peeps.

195744_5413509299_1027571_n.jpg

And now I want some peeps...

<- not really me