new milestone today, have now lost 50.2kgs!! (111lbs)

Options
mjay26
mjay26 Posts: 133 Member
Hi all :) This is my first time posting a thread. I have been on this weight loss journey since Sept 2011, but have only been really logging on MFP since early 2012. I'm 32, have 2 kids (11DS and 8DD) and am 173cm tall

Ok so long story short I've struggled with my weight my whole life,and just kept putting more of it on over the years. So after 2 kids and many years struggling, finally in early 2011 I went to my doctor. I asked him to test me to see if there was any reason as to why I was struggling to lose any weight. My initial results came back showing I had a hormone imbalance, and other indicators made my doctor think I have PCOS, so he referred me to an Endocrinologist. I met her Sept 2011, and she straight away put me on Metformin to help with the Glucose Intolerance I had, and with the aid of that, adding more exercise to my life, and learning to eat better portions I have finally lose weight!!

I have had many ups and downs along the way, and had hoped to reach this goal before now, but ended up taking 2 months off the weight loss mission when I lost my dad quite suddenly the week before xmas. But I have never given up, and I am here now!! I am on the homeward straight!! I would like to lose another 15-25kgs, depending on how I feel when I get there :)

So here's the part you have been waiting for, pics!! :)

With these first 2 I wish I had taken a before pic, but still you get a fair idea of how far I have come
collagefronton.jpg

collagesideon.jpg

A face comparison
aug11tofeb13-1.jpg

The "During" pic was taken this morning :) The before pic was one of the few full length pics I could find of myself from before I started losing weight, and it is from a friends wedding in Nov 2010
50kgsdifference.jpg

Replies

• MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Great job!!! Be proud and keep it up!!!
  • mittens6395
    Options
    You look terrific! Way to stay dedicated. Keep it up!! :smile:
  • KatjaNZ
    KatjaNZ Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow what a change! You've lost a lot and you look great now. Must feel like a new life I guess.
  • angeliqueann
    angeliqueann Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!!!!!!! =D
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. Your hard work paid off.
  • shanaya37
    shanaya37 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You have done great and you look terrific! Nice to see your smile!
  • iwantdesperately
    iwantdesperately Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Absolutely fantastic!!!Great job. So inspirational!!!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • mjay26
    Options
    thanks everyone :blushing:
  • AdrieneJ
    AdrieneJ Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What a journey so far, and what an amazing accomplishment! Well done!
  • SuZQz173
    SuZQz173 Posts: 37
    Options
    Great job. Major healthy difference!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    You've come a long way, honey ........ congrats on an awesome job :drinker:
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I was feeling a little down and discouraged tonight,,,,until I saw your pictures. Great progress,,,,thank you very much for sharing them,,,,gives me hope.
  • countrygal02012
    countrygal02012 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Wow.... you look great... healthy and younger!! Congratulations!
  • mjay26
    Options
    I was feeling a little down and discouraged tonight,,,,until I saw your pictures. Great progress,,,,thank you very much for sharing them,,,,gives me hope.

and that is precisely why I have shared my pics :) I have spent a lot of time lurking in the success stories. They are all so inspirational, and have certainly helped keep me on track, and given me hope when I have doubted myself.

I also want to say a huge thanks to my husband. I know I don't say it enough, but without his support I don't think I could have done it, so thanks babe xoxo :flowerforyou:
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!! It's obvious how hard you have worked for thus and you deserve the great result ! You look fab! You must feel so good !! Well done!
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    That's awesome!!

Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    WOW! Very impressive!! Dose it FEEL different after losing that amount? Energy difference or pain difference?
  • mjay26
    Options
    WOW! Very impressive!! Dose it FEEL different after losing that amount? Energy difference or pain difference?

Hi it certainly does feel different. I have so much more energy than what I ever did beforehand. I can actually run around with my kids now! It is an amazing feeling :)
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the awesome work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!