Anyone Juicing?

Options
I just bought a juicer this week and Im pretty excited to see how i feel and look in a month! I got a Breville. But it isn't juicing my brocoli or spinach and only some of my carrots. What is a good juicer (I might return mine) and also what were your RESULTS!!!

Replies

• Hanjamlan
    Hanjamlan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Is anyone juicing and seeing results?
  • echamin
    echamin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just got the Nutri Bullet and I LOVE it...so easy to use and clean. I just got it mainly to make some fresh juices...so no results yet.
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have the Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor and works fine to me. I bought it about 5 years ago and its still going strong. As far as results, I'm on my 6th day of juicing and have lost a total of 7 lbs. I'm mainly doing it to reset and reboot my body as I've been eating a ton of junk food so losing weight is a bonus.
  • Hanjamlan
    Options
    Wow you lost 7 pounds in 6 days! Thats crazy awesome! Are you only drinking juice or just making one meal of it? and what are you juicing because i can't think of good veggies to put in that will actually get juiced. Many veggies the juicer throws in the trash container.
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
    I want to by a juicer and need info to
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have a cup (or 2) of coffee in the morning and the rest is strickly juicing. Here's a few that you can try out. Let me know how it worked out for you. Happy Juicing! :smile:

Fresh Start Juice:
    2 med apples
    3 med carrots
    4 stalk of celery.

Beginner Green Juice:
    Apples - 3 medium (3" dia)
    Celery - 4 stalk, large (11"-12" long)
    Ginger - 0.25 thumb (1" dia)
    Lemon (with rind) - 1/2 fruit (2-1/8" dia)
    Orange (peeled) - 1 large (3-1/16" dia)
    Spinach - 5 cup

Mean Green Juice:
    Apples (granny smith) - 2 medium (3" dia)
    Celery - 4 stalk, large (11"-12" long)
    Cucumber - 1 cucumber (8-1/4")
    Ginger - 1 thumb (1" dia)
    Kale - 6 leaf (8-12")
    Lemon - 1/2 fruit (2-3/8" dia)

Orange Broccoli (My Favorite)
    Apples - 2 medium (3" dia)
    Broccoli - 1 stalk
    Carrots - 4 medium

Full of Kale-Cium
    Apple - 1 medium (3" dia)
    Carrots - 3 medium
    Cilantro - 1 handful
    Collard Greens - 1 cup, chopped
    Kale - 4 leaf (8-12")
    Pepper (sweet red) - 1 medium (approx 2-3/4" long, 2-1/2 dia.)

Asparagus Delight:
    Asparagus - 4 spear, medium (5-1/4" to 7" long)
    Carrots - 3 large (7-1/4" to 8-/1/2" long)
    Celery - 2 stalk, large (11"-12" long)
  • NanzyBoek
    NanzyBoek Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    great recipes!
  • Hanjamlan
    Options
    thanks for those great ideas! i'll have to try them out! also, your juicer obviously does the spinach with no problem and doesn't spit anything out? Because My breville spit ALL my spinach out and didn't juice a thing.
  • cathrynfay
    Options
    I have started juicing, too. I bought a really cheap juicer to experiment. I'm not doing a total juice fast, but the juices are working well as a nutritious meal replacement drink for me part time.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm running 400mg of test e pw stacked with.....................oh wait.

Ignore me.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    check out "kitten the juice pirate" on fb! She is a serious juicer and has lost a ton of weight!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    results how?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    i prefer the all natural route
  • Hanjamlan
    Options
    ok i'll look that up thanks, I would also like to know if it helped girls who were around 5' 3" 120 lbs. Maybe lose some fat or something? Or have a flatter stomach?
  • Hanjamlan
    Options
    results how?

Results like losing weight or having a more fit body or just feeling better overall.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    ok i'll look that up thanks, I would also like to know if it helped girls who were around 5' 3" 120 lbs. Maybe lose some fat or something? Or have a flatter stomach?
    This makes no sense. calorie deficits make you lose fat. They also make your stomach flatter. So does exercise, particularly strength training. Never saw anyone ever lose all their tummy fat with food unless a calorie deficit was involved.

To have a 'fit' body you need to do something to make yourself fit.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I would stick with a smoothie maker rather than juicer - having just juice is getting rid of the fiber and good stuff in the skins etc.

I want to buy a new one as mine's quite old now and I don't use it much, but I used to make a protein smoothie with whey, frozen berries,yogurt, lemon juice etc.

Look up Jason Vale for recipes.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    This makes no sense. calorie deficits make you lose fat. They also make your stomach flatter. So does exercise, particularly strength training. Never saw anyone ever lose all their tummy fat with food unless a calorie deficit was involved.

This. You cannot spot reduce and choose where you lose fat from - you decrease your body fat all over.
    Having a calorie deficit is what makes you lose weight, regardless of whether that is from juice or pizza every day.

Having a juice a day as a snack for extra vitamins rather than replacing a wholesome meal with carbs, protein and healthy fats is a better idea.
  • Hanjamlan
    Options
    Well If you are eating really healthy, like only the good stuff, then won't that help your body lose weight and fat and whatever else. I am also having a deficiency in calories and working out but Im replacing the bad food I usually eat with the "good stuff". It just seems like that will help big time. Am i right?
  • vinchass9
    vinchass9 Posts: 36
    Options
    Yeah bro, been on the juice for some time now. Been seeing killer results.