*** 3 slices of french toast for under 200 calories!

Options
mgram2
mgram2 Posts: 128 Member
Best Breakfast Ever -- Guilt-free French Toast for less than 200 calories total!
-3 slices of 40 calorie bread (I use Nature's Own 40 calorie Honey Wheat)
-Original egg beaters
-Sugar-free syrup (Ihop has a yummy one you can get at Walmart)

1. Spray heated pan with cooking spray
2. Pour egg beaters onto a small plate.
3. Lay piece of bread into egg beaters (flip to cover both sides)
4. Cook on pan like you normally would.
5. Repeat 2 more times.
6. Optional: Add a sprinkle of cinnamon to french toast as it's cooking!
7. Once cooked and plated, add sugar-free syrup as you like it!

This is literally my new favorite.. and I eat it a TON. hahah 3 slices of awesome syrupy french toast for less than 200 calories?! Nearly 20g of protein too! :)

I would've posted a picture.. but I ate it before I thought to post it!

Replies

• pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Just watch the cooking spray, it isn't really as low-calorie as they make out. (you have to spray it for like 2 milliseconds to be accurate, nearly impossible)

But it sounds epic, and if I ever see low calorie bread around I will be trying it out! Yum!
  • LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This is pretty amazing. It makes me wish I had these ingredients in Australia, but we definitely don't have 40 calorie bread and I have no idea what an eggbeater is!
  • mgram2
    Options
    Yeah I was surprised one day when I was out grocery shopping and saw it! I had pretty much given up bread altogether (except for my 100 calorie sandwich thins) until I saw it on the shelf! They keep it with all the other bread -- no special location. I've seen it at Kroger, Walmart, Publix... so I assume most grocers carry it!
    Now I never buy the 100 calorie sandwich thins! I can save 20 more calories by just using that bread! :)
  • mgram2
    Options
    This is pretty amazing. It makes me wish I had these ingredients in Australia, but we definitely don't have 40 calorie bread and I have no idea what an eggbeater is!

Egg beaters are just a brand name we have of egg whites that already come separated in a carton. :)
  • LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's so cool! I always feel guilty for wasting the yolks. Damn, Australia, time to catch up!
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's so cool! I always feel guilty for wasting the yolks. Damn, Australia, time to catch up!

UK is the same, there's never any of the special ingredients about. Although I think I would balk at eggs from a carton... :/
  • annapcc
    annapcc Posts: 34
    Options
    I second this! It is delicious and so quick... I add some cinnamon sugar by McCormick for 15 calories. (Add it to the egg beaters)... SO good!