question regarding how to count minutes for weight machines

Options
I have a question regarding weight machines in the gym. I do each machine using a weight that is very difficult with the last 4 lifts. If it isn't hard with the last 4 lifts i increase the weight. I take one minute rest between each set of reps. On most of the machine I do three sets of reps and move to the next machine. I use 15 machines. This ends up taking me 70 minutes. I use this in my exercise profile at 70 minutes. Should i be subtracting the one minute i rest each time between the reps or should i be counting on 70 minutes.

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Include the rest time. During rest, you are still burning calories.

15 machines, 3 reps each.

That's phenomenal. Really excellent!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just log the whole 70 minutes. It works fine that way.

Just out of curiosity, how many total reps are you doing each set?
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    First I wanted to thank you both for responding. I'm doing between 12 and 15 reps depending on which machine I'm using. I do 4 machines with 12 reps, and one with 10 reps (the abd crunches, that one really hurts). The rest I'm doing the 15. The ones that i just do 12 are the ones i struggle the entire time. If the last 4 reps are starting to get easy i add weight to it. Some of the machines i struggle a little the entire time. My plan was to bring them all up to 15 reps when they get a little easier for me and keep adding weight.