babies first shots

Options
13»

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    What country do you live in? In the US, you have to be 21 for this.

I live in Australia - but I dont understand your comment - what do you have to be 21 for?
    obviously not for the infant vaccinations.
    In Australia, the parent has to give consent for the baby - regardless of how old the parent is -if the parent is under 21, (or under 18 - 18 being the legal adult age here) they still give consent.

This poster was making a joke. See the other posting above with pictures of shots...of the non-vaccine variety...
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    i advise all of you to look up the ingredients in vaccines..you might not ever get them again

You might think differently about immunizations if you had grown up when I was born and babies and children my age were getting polio.

THIS!!!

My friend's 3 week old baby died of pertussis. That should not have happened in the 21st century.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    i advise all of you to look up the ingredients in vaccines..you might not ever get them again

You might think differently about immunizations if you had grown up when I was born and babies and children my age were getting polio.
    Exactly, my grandfather had polio, it changed his life forever. Plus I work in elder care and have seen what the effect of polio has on the body... I am glad I do not have to worry about my kids, or myself getting it.

She is over it now, and I know her memory is short and all that but it bothered me to see my baby cry. Plus the made me hold her legs so they could stab her. :grumble: Personally needles do not bother me at all, but that bothered me. She has a lump in her leg where they vaccinated her, but it doesn't hurt her and she wasn't fussy at all after her shots.
  • bennysammysofie
    Options
    We gave our kids all their shots, just not all at once like they "recommend". We just spread them out...its more shots (actual needle into your child) then following the doctors rules, but its much safer.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I would recommend Ibuprofen instead of Tylenol since it is an anti-inflammatory and will help a bit more if the little leg muscle is sore.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My kids getting shots never bothered me. Never really bothered them either.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I cried too lol I hate seeing my baby in pain but they both got over it super quick and they wont remember it so dont worry :smile:
  • acbabbitt
    acbabbitt Posts: 50
    Options
    I would recommend Ibuprofen instead of Tylenol since it is an anti-inflammatory and will help a bit more if the little leg muscle is sore.

Ibuprofen is great, but last I checked was only approved for kiddos over 6months. Maybe? :)
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I didn't cry, but they had to make me leave the room because apparently I looked "threateningly" at the nurse...
    And my daughter, that little freak of mine, is now three and keeps asking me when she gets to go get more shots. She's never had a problem with them- she has an oddly high pain tolerance. She cut off the tip of her toe last month while attempting to cut her own toenails with a pair of scissors (I swear I'm not a bad mom- my husband left my hair cutting shears out on accident), and she never said a word. Not a whimper. I only realized something was going on because there was an odd little trail of blood all over the house. I have to watch her like a hawk.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I work for a company that makes software that tracks and forecast immunizations. You do not want to skip any of the shots your baby is suppose to get or mess with the schedule. I know its hard but these diseases are so much worse than the shots. Your child might be healthy enough to survive but if she gets measles and spreads it (disease take days to have symptoms) to a baby who is too young to have had that shot, it may very well cost someone else their baby. I know I could never live with myself if knew I caused the death of someone else's baby and I certainly couldn't live with myself if I went against medical advise and caused the death of my own child.

To each his own. Immunizations of any sort are certainly not right for my family. Thanks for the guilt trip though.

You are welcome for the guilt trip. If you aren't vaccinating your child you are putting my tiny baby at risk so a guilty trip is warranted don't you think?

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Ibuprofen is great, but last I checked was only approved for kiddos over 6months. Maybe? :)

It's safe from 3 months in the UK.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I remember them going in completely happy and trusting and the needle goes in and the lip ohhh the lip, totally heartbreaking.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    My parents got my ears pierced at 3 weeks old. LOL! I wonder if my mom cried...
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,067 Member
    Options
    We gave our kids all their shots, just not all at once like they "recommend". We just spread them out...its more shots (actual needle into your child) then following the doctors rules, but its much safer.

Safer in what way and according to whom?

Dr's recomend a schedule following researched medical guidelines - am wondering on whose medical advice or recomendations or research you are basing your different 'rules' ?