obstacle course races.. who has done em?...

Options
Im doing the rugged maniac 5k and im super excited. Im just wondering about training techniques, ups and downs, and things u wish u had done or had known going into it??

Replies

• dcander2
    dcander2 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hey there! I'm doing the rugged in April but I did the Spartan sprint today. They're awesome but if some parts can be a little grueling.I think Spartan is considered one of the harder 5ks but anyone can do them! Definitely work on strength! Especially arms youll be crawling climbing ropes and walls etc. Definitely bring a towel change of clothes cash and a snack. Your legs will get banged up so if you're staying at a hotel bring neosporin for cuts. My first race I wore capria but ended up with mud in bad places so now I wear shirts with the mesh lining and high socks! Up to your knees at least. That's all I can think of now but I've done 6 obstacle races so far so if you have any questions juat ask!
  • dcander2
    dcander2 Posts: 19
    Options
    what terrible spelling mistakes. stupid phone autocorrect. hopefully you knew that I meant first race i wore capris but now I wear shorts lol.