Almost cried at my reflection today.......help?

Options

Replies

• LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great with the TDEE - 15%!!!! Good job NOT doing the super low cal thing. I did 30 Day Shred and LOVED it!! Jillian got me doing something every day. I'm now doing ChaLEAN Extreme and LOVE it more!!! Don't worry and just keep doing what you're doing, keeping your food intake as clean as you can.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what happened to me back in August that made me want to lose the 10 pounds I had gained. So, I feel your pain. You are definitely doing the right things! I started with low calories and heavy cardio for a few months- I lost weight but no inches and no cellulite. I didn't really lose most of the cellulite until I switched to workout videos (any of Jillians) and TDEE - 15% or 1700 calories. I have also been doing Insanity for a month and the cellulite is all gone. Good luck!
  • sarah_the_girl
    Options
    I' also 146 and your height. I just wonder if you need to lose or just tone up. I'm toning due to all the loose skin from my weight loss

I definitely need to lose.
  • dkutnyak
    dkutnyak Posts: 13
    Options
    Like healthy smoothies...fruit and veggies...then check out....youngandraw.com.
  • sarah_the_girl
    Options
    This is exactly what happened to me back in August that made me want to lose the 10 pounds I had gained. So, I feel your pain. You are definitely doing the right things! I started with low calories and heavy cardio for a few months- I lost weight but no inches and no cellulite. I didn't really lose most of the cellulite until I switched to workout videos (any of Jillians) and TDEE - 15% or 1700 calories. I have also been doing Insanity for a month and the cellulite is all gone. Good luck!

That's what I did for about a year and a half was low calories and lots of cardio and I lose weight, nearly 20 pounds, but not a single inch. I believe I simply lost my muscle mass by starving myself and doing so much cardio. Now I'm only doing light cardio and lots of weights and eating at a 15% cut. So since it worked for you, hopefully it will work for me!
  • sarah_the_girl
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great with the TDEE - 15%!!!! Good job NOT doing the super low cal thing. I did 30 Day Shred and LOVED it!! Jillian got me doing something every day. I'm now doing ChaLEAN Extreme and LOVE it more!!! Don't worry and just keep doing what you're doing, keeping your food intake as clean as you can.

Glad to hear this, honestly. It makes me feel a lot better and I'm going to do everything I can to have a clean diet.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    oh...wish you had pictures so we could see what you meant...
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Do you live under a bridge?
  • gamountainlife0406
    Options
    If you like the outdoors, try some hiking for extra cardio. When I don't get enough cardio in on my job or at the gym, I head outdoors and hike. There are lots of state parks that have excellent hiking trails that fit anyone's fitness lever whether beginner or advanced. Good luck!
  • mgoblue64
    mgoblue64 Posts: 23
    Options
    I would recommend you alternate days and increase your walking distance and walking speed. Go find a high school track and time a quick paced lap then go walk wherever you can at that pace and convert it to distance. The weights will do wonders too, but totally eliminating one or the other might be less effective. Above all else, look in the mirror and look at how beautiful you are. Don't get down or the fight is that much harder.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,960 Member
    Options
    Please STOP hating your body! 146 isn't that high for your weight. I dieted myself fat because I wasn't satisfied with that number.

It sounds like you are doing things right (not fad dieting like I did), but start noticing the things that are beautiful about your young, healthy body. The only way to eliminate cellulite is with an airbrush or photoshop.
  • sarah_the_girl
    Options
    oh...wish you had pictures so we could see what you meant...

About needing to lose weight? Well I'm pretty big for being my height. I'm a size US 12 when i used to be 6 - 8. Most of my weight goes to my legs and my boobs. I have a slim waist but my legs are huge!
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    'm a size 6 or 8 depending on brands
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    When I was around your age I had cellulite on the backs of my thighs that bugged me too. I lifted heavy, lost body fat, ran a few times a week, and it was drastically reduced. The other thing that seemed to help was getting a bit of a tan going. I don't mean like getting painted orange or baking yourself to death in the tanning bed. Just a bit of healthy colour can improve the look of most people's bodies.
  • sarah_the_girl
    Options
    'm a size 6 or 8 depending on brands

I'm not anymore. So I know i need to lose
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Do you live under a bridge?

I can not believe you people!!! I hope your troll sniffer works better as you progress :laugh:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Fitting room lighting is from the devil.
  • sarah_the_girl
    Options
    Fitting room lighting is from the devil.

I still hate how I look even in lighting in my own house :S
  • brendakctx
    brendakctx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel, I'm 5'8 215 lbs and post mennopausal, cutting out the soda will help the cellulite as weill green tea as will weights, you are on the right track keep going,
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    do you understand that I'm 146 and toned? You may just need to tone. Sigh. Do as you wish though honey. I'm here for you.