Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Seven Thousand Four Hundred and Thirteen

13»

Replies

• TheFinalThird
    TheFinalThird Posts: 315 Member
    No Way you ate 24 coffee cakes!!!

Sad to say, "Way." sigh...
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Scott, I am sorry for what you're going through. Your post was so well-written. Sounds like you are doing all the right things, and with a great attitude. We've all had slip-ups - it's not so much about avoiding them as it is how you recover from them. Best of luck.

this!
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Scott,
    I can totally relate to your post. I am sorry your struggling with stress eating, just as I am. But God is on your side and you will will!
    I recently took a mindful eating class. It taught me these steps. 1. Take a moment to be thankful. 2. Take one bite of everything on your plate and focus on how it taste, be sure to make yummy sounds if it taste good! :) IT helps you bring yourself into the moment and really enjoy your food!. 3. put the fork down! 4. take a sip of a refreshing drink..think about how it taste! 5. Check stress level! Send stress away from your food! visualize your self throwing stress out the door and walking way. 6. Breath deeply three times. 7. take a sip of a refreshing drink 8. evaluate how your tummy feels, do you really need more? If so repeat the steps again. Repeat as many time as needed until your tummy feels full, then STOP! This help me most of the time to stay focused on what and how much I am eating. Yes there are times that I slip, just as you did. But you are right when you say that you can start over on a new day! Stand strong and God will help you be successful in your lifestyle journey! Thank you for sharing your personal experience, as it will help the rest of us grow and learn as well a being cleansing for you. May God's Blessing fall down on you!

Dwamma
  • Being a stress eater has been the BIGGEST AND HARDEST thing to overcome with this process. I am now a stress exerciser lol :) - as long as I can get the endorphins up, I handle the stress much better. I love your comparisons because it is truly the same and as destructive for those of us who have found solace in food. Here is to a new day and another chance for better choices!
  • Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I stress eat sometimes so it's inspiring to see how you pick yourself up.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Kudos for your honesty, and for being brave enough to log it all, not sure I would have followed that thru. That logging just goes to show how far you have come from your old ways. A slip here or there will only reinforce how well you have been doing overall. You are one very inspirational individual and though time are tough now, you will rise above and handle life a wiser person. Caring thought to you and your family for the issues you are facing.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    This is one of the most brilliant -- and honest -- posts I have read since I joined MFP.

Thank you.
  • gapm
    gapm Posts: 48
    Scott,

I wish they had 'like' buttons on MFP forums. Your post most definitely deserves one!
  • Rodamort
    Rodamort Posts: 171 Member
    Thank you for putting into words the feelings that so many of us have. No we don't all suffer from the same tragedies in life, but each has his own cross to bear. Proud of you for moving on and not letting it keep you down!! Keep up the good fight! You have been such an inspiration to me for so long and continue to be every day. Many thanks!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Such a great post. Thanks for sharing this.
  • scrapmonkey
    scrapmonkey Posts: 104 Member
    This is a wonderful post/share. Forgiveness of oneself is one of the hardest things we can learn in life, but one of the most helpful in this journey. You have turned the bump in the road into a realignment instead of a car crash.
    I am a stress/grief eater too - it is why I gained 60 pounds in 6 months after losing my father years ago. But you have learned what I did not until recently - that it does not change the situation and you can move on the next day. I have great respect for you being able to do that. I wish you much deserved continued success in your journey and I think you know you have many cheerleaders on your side here.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!