Almost cried at my reflection today.......help?

Options
13»

Replies

• lokecheer
    lokecheer Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    just keep doing what you're doing
    im 20 yrs old and 5'4 myself, and gone up to 155.
    I have starting dieting and exercise 2 weeks ago and from my starting point at 152.8, I have weighed in today at 140.8.
    That being said, it's gonna take time before your going to noticed some changes, just continue to do what youre doing and have a positive attitude :)
  • sarah_the_girl
    Options
    I have starting dieting and exercise 2 weeks ago and from my starting point at 152.8, I have weighed in today at 140.8.
    That being said, it's gonna take time before your going to noticed some changes, just continue to do what youre doing and have a positive attitude :)

Thank you. I'm going to try to be positive, I really am. I appreciate the advice.
  • volvo03
    volvo03 Posts: 4
    Options
    You are young and active. Stop beating yourself up. If you have a bad day forget it and pick yourself up and move on. I have lost 4lbs and have 46 to go. I am much older than you. I am 56. Try to stay positve!!!
  • sarah_the_girl
    Options
    You are young and active. Stop beating yourself up. If you have a bad day forget it and pick yourself up and move on. I have lost 4lbs and have 46 to go. I am much older than you. I am 56. Try to stay positve!!!

Thank you. I've always had esteem problems but today I just couldn't believe how bad I looked. Thanks for the advice.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hey....I'm a 19 year old, very insecure girl. I stand between 5'3" and 5'4" and I weigh about 146 pounds. I'm currently attempting to lose some weight following the "In Place Of A Road Map" plan.

Well, today while I was out shopping, I went to try on some shorts for the summer and I saw the back of my legs and they were terrible. So much cellulite. More than I ever see in the mirrors at home. I couldn't believe how bad I looked. I feel horrible about myself right now. I'm not sure what to do. I never had it until I gained weight so I'm hoping it goes away when I lose weight.

Never look at yourself in Dept. Store Mirrors! It will always ruin your day, I don't care who you are.
  • tobycute
    tobycute Posts: 5
    Options
    This diet is great. Keep it up. I have lost 55 ibs so far and started at 229 ibs. I am half way to my goal.
  • sarah_the_girl
    Options
    Hey....I'm a 19 year old, very insecure girl. I stand between 5'3" and 5'4" and I weigh about 146 pounds. I'm currently attempting to lose some weight following the "In Place Of A Road Map" plan.

Well, today while I was out shopping, I went to try on some shorts for the summer and I saw the back of my legs and they were terrible. So much cellulite. More than I ever see in the mirrors at home. I couldn't believe how bad I looked. I feel horrible about myself right now. I'm not sure what to do. I never had it until I gained weight so I'm hoping it goes away when I lose weight.

Never look at yourself in Dept. Store Mirrors! It will always ruin your day, I don't care who you are.

I'll admit, my day has been ruined since I saw my reflection and though I feel awful, I'm trying to use it as motivation to really really try at it.
  • sarah_the_girl
    Options
    This diet is great. Keep it up. I have lost 55 ibs so far and started at 229 ibs. I am half way to my goal.

Thank you and good luck to both of us :)
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Oh, wow.....does this ever bring back a dressing room memory!!!!!!! I was trying on a swimsuit, looked in one of those 3-way mirrors, and just about jumped out of my skin...........when I saw my back, I thought someone else had come in with me!!! I couldn't possibly look that bad...........ruined my day too. Plenty of people have commented on the bad lighting so all I can add is hang in there and be patient and consistent.
  • hypRvendtL8N
    hypRvendtL8N Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Start running it helps heaps with cellulite and just keep plugging away at it. Theres no quick fix, its a lifestyle thing. Make sure when you do your cardio you are getting your heart pumping and sweating heaps. have fun and don't stress!
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would not stop cardio. I would bump up the cardio and the pace of the cardio along with weight training. Every lb of lean muscle will burn 70 calories an hour. So you want to lift weights but when doing cardio your also going to build muscle along with build your lungs and heart. Cardio with get your heart rate up and your juices flowing. You need a good balance of everything to get your body going in the right direction. I do 3-4 days of cardio and 2-3 days of weights a week. I do my C25K program M-W-F and I do arms and back T-TH-S with a rest day on sunday. Today instead of weights I did 31 minutes on my stationary bike for 10 miles this morning.
  • sarah_the_girl
    Options
    Oh, wow.....does this ever bring back a dressing room memory!!!!!!! I was trying on a swimsuit, looked in one of those 3-way mirrors, and just about jumped out of my skin...........when I saw my back, I thought someone else had come in with me!!! I couldn't possibly look that bad...........ruined my day too. Plenty of people have commented on the bad lighting so all I can add is hang in there and be patient and consistent.

I guess that's all I can do is wait it out and see. Stick with my plan and hope that I see the changes I so desperately want lol
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    At least now you know that your experience with the dressing room mirror isn't just you. It happens to all of us. Try to find a way to see the humor in that. Because it really is one of life's cruel jokes.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Fitting room lighting is from the devil.

I still hate how I look even in lighting in my own house :S

I'm sorry. Bless your little heart. :drinker:
  • michelleLynette
    michelleLynette Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Hang n there sweetie..you have the right mind set to do this..AND you will see changes if you plan..I think a combo of weights and cardio are best. I run, spin and lift..and do pilates..Do you like water aerobics?
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    sounds like you're doing really well to me, keep your head up we all have off days and believe me them dressing rooms do not help and it's not an excuse yes a lot of us are on here because we want to to change ourselves gradually and work for it but i've often gone into changing rooms and felt like i've been getting nowhere when i have actually lost.

Don't let it set you back honestly sounds like you know what your doing, i really need to eat cleaner myself its one of my major mistakes. Currently doing the 30 day shred and finding it really effective only nearing the end of level 1 so i've a good bit to go but i'd def recommend it, worth a try anyway! :D

Also can i ask where did you start with your weight training? You have a lot of the same figures as me i'm wondering how you went about this, did you just read about it..:)
  • cindybpitts
    cindybpitts Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Was it Kohls?

I swear, the back of my legs look like the surface of the moon in Kohls dressing rooms. :grumble:

The lighting in Target makes all the veins on my boobs and arms visible. It's so gross.
    Not sure what it is about Target but I think it is one of the WORST for showing cellulite!
  • Icanhazsugarnow
    Options
    Okay. First of all, don't cry. Crying will not help at all. Secondly, you're only one hundred and forty-six pounds! That's only twenty-three pounds away from your ideal body weight. It won't take you that long to lose it. It's not as if you're morbidly obese, so stop having the aneroxic mind set! I would kill to be only twenty-three pounds away from my own goal weight! If you want to lose it fast, consume 1,200 calories a day. It's the smallest amount of calories that you can eat without putting your body into starvation mode. Next find an activity that will burn 909 or 1,200 calories a day. I recommend Zumba wii. It only takes an hour.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    it probably would not kill you to eat at 25--30% deficit for four to six weeks and then scale that back to 20%.

Would also recommend that you get on a strength training program that revolves around compound lifts - deadlifts, squats, over head press, bench press, chin ups , pull ups, etc. Once you have these moves down do a three day a week total body work out where you eat legs/arms/back/shoulders and then do cardio three days a week with one rest day...

good luck to you...
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options

Are you saying you have lost 12 pounds in two weeks? What are you doing? It has taken me 10 weeks to lose 15 pounds.