Sick of chicken. Other dinner ideas?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
It seems we're always eating chicken here. I don't mind it in tacos but right now I just can't stand chicken! But I'm not sure what else we can have. I typically have 300-400 calories for dinner. We have fish once or twice a week, beef occasionally, sausage (chicken of course but it's not too bad) but I'm just running out of ideas...

Replies

• Deejj73
    Deejj73 Posts: 1
    Options
    How about turkey burgers?
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Throw in some curry, that makes anything tasty. Don't forget the potatoes.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Tofu?
  • careydesignstudio
    careydesignstudio Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Center cut pork loin ... cheap, lean.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Stuffed Bell Peppers
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You can get lean pork chops, i think it isn't much worse than chicken 140 cals for 4oz.... Lean hamburger to make burgers or use in tacos.
  • WindyJenny
    WindyJenny Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Turkey - We use ground turkey for taco salad and for burgers, and sweet Italian turkey sausage with pasta.

Lean beef - We use nice steak cuts for kebabs and steak bakes.

Lamb, bison, pork, there are lots of lean and nutrient-packed meats available if you look.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Donuts ice cream and poptarts
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    We eat lean beef a couple of times a week. Other nights we eat chicken, fish or pork, but my husband can't quite give up the beef. Lol. I only use 93% lean ground beef when I cook with hamburger. Since the middle of January he's lost 53 lbs (I've lost 35), his blood sugar is under control, his cholesterol is 138, triglycerides 81, and the doc just took him off his blood pressure meds.
  • Foxxy18
    Foxxy18 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    One does not simply get sick of chicken.
    Chicken is the best! :heart:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    how about everything under the sun that's not chicken?
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Turkey Italian Sausages are really good. Lean steak and pork, just have smaller portions with lots of veg. Shrimp is my low cal high protein go to food cooked in a pan with lots of veggies. Or meatless burritos beans, salsa, cheese with lots of non-fat plain Greek yogurt.

Edited because I am a loser whom can't spell.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Hmm this is a tough one. I was gonna say sand, but that's not actually a food.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters on very lean beef, turkey, fish and lean center-cut pork loin. They all compare very favorably with chicken calories and protein wise. There's definitely no reason to just limit yourself to chicken as your protein source.

With that you can make all sorts of things that you would otherwise say you can't have, such as nachos, chili, hamburgers, meat loaf, fajitas, and tacos. It's all about portion control, and cherry picking the ingredients you think are essential, so that you are watching the overall calorie count.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Raisins!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I have chicken probably 5x a week, and never get sick of it. I just prepare it a bunch of different ways. So many different sauces and marinades and side dishes.
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I originally read the thread title as "Sick of children" :D

Is there a reason you've been mostly eating chicken? What about turkey, beef, pork, and fish?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I have chicken probably 5x a week, and never get sick of it. I just prepare it a bunch of different ways. So many different sauces and marinades and side dishes.

i don't find this answer to be supportive. are we not all here for the same things?
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    pork tenderloin
    shrimp
    salmon
    beef flank steak
    scallops
    quiche with veggies and cheese
    chicken or turkey sausage (there were some Italian flavored links for 110 calories each)
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Stir fry!!!