Know of a cheap scale for desk at work

Options
If anyone has any advice on this, love to hear it. Otherwise, I guess I'll be at target getting whatever. Just wanted to see if any of you pros had any insight

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I bought my digital scale at Walgreens for $14.99 on sale, reg price $19.99. That was about 2 years ago, though.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    check ebay
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    there's a fold-a-weigh scale that actually folds in half for travel. it's about $35 tho...
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    check ebay

Or Craigslist. Just don't get kidnapped when you go to pick up your slightly worn scale.
  • acstein
    acstein Posts: 55
    Options
    Any store that carries that sort of thing will have a cheap version (Walmart, Target, Sam's Club, Costco, BB&B, etc). Scales are being used more and more, along with more options being available at cheaper prices. The key is to get the best quality for the money. That also changes with the "extras" you may want on it. Digital offers more things "extra" per scale than analog, but they may not be something you want and therefore a waste of money.
  • mfpchar
    mfpchar Posts: 29
    Options
    Whoops! MY APOLOGY!! I should have specified a food scale. I'm less about weigh in as much as the choices I make in the moment, including whether to have a potato chip, and if I do, how many grams of the "poison" I actually partook of. Any advice on that, or shoot, will I need a new thread?
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    To weigh you, or your food? I have a small food scale in my office that I picked up at Vitamin Cottage for $4.99. I thought that was what you meant by having on your desk... The ones to weigh us, in my house, are the Tanita IM body fat, etc., fancy schmancy ones so I don't have a good suggestion there.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    The main reason I got a digital scale is I wanted numbers large enough that I could read them without having my glasses on. An analog scale is harder to read, and easier to "fudge" the results on. There are plenty of digital scales that don't do anything but weigh you, and at a reasonable price. The one I have is accurate, when compared with my doctor's office, and I can step on and off a dozen times and it reads the same every time.

For what it costs to get a new one, I see no reason to get one through Craigslist, as you have no idea what it has been through before you get it. Just imagine kids jumping up and down on it. :noway: Unless you live in a remote area with no shopping choices, I can't imagine you having any trouble locating one locally for under $25.

Good luck

EDIT: Just saw the post about the FOOD scale, you are ACTUALLY seeking. :laugh: :laugh: Once again, I purchased one at Walgreens that weighs in oz and grams, and it was about $10. Found it with the small kitchen appliances.
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    LOL, I think I posted right as you were...
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I got a nice Taylor Digital one @ Ross in the Kitchen section for about $15. It's even made out of glass! You can find all kinds of nice kitchen gadgets either at Ross or TJMaxx/Homegoods!
  • mfpchar
    mfpchar Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I don't like buying something without input. Definitely will get digital in that case! And will check Ross, and if not, I'll go with whatever local store's will be it.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think mine was about £10 about 6 months ago, I don't know what kind it is though it seems unbranded but I use it for everything nowadays, I really recommend everyone who counts calories to get one ASAP!