Emotional eaters unite for encouragement

Options

Replies

• susanjean62
    susanjean62 Posts: 200
    Options
    Welcome! You are in a good place,where we can share our thoughts without being judged. I think with emotional eating,you never know what may trigger a binge and then that starts the same old pattern. It sounds as if you are headed in the right direction. One day at a time!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    When I am stressed I grab food, without even realizing it. I have come to depend on a small circle of family and friends to let me know when I am getting nutso, as i sometimes can't see it myself. Count me in. I am in a good place at this moment.
  • EvelynBfly78
    EvelynBfly78 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I try not to eat emotionally but I don't always succeed. There's always some food calling out my name, especially when I am down in the dumps (depressed). Didn't know there were that many of us out there. We can work this through together.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Welcome.I started the topic for this group,so I am encouraging other emotional eaters to join. I hope I am doing this right. I didn't realize there would be so many of us. I think it's great that we can share with each other,and I am always open to helpful tips.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Hi,Prillygirl. Wow,you are doing great! Thanks for sharing.
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • Unleda
    Unleda Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well. I too am a comfort eater. Anytime I have a stressful day at work I turn to Junk Food. I'm also struggling right now with overeating on the weekends when I am bored. I also agree that talking with others in similar situations can help you identify tools and techniques for a healthier lifestyle.

I am looking to increase my support group here on MFP. I am looking for people who can be supportive and positive. Please feel free to add me if you too are looking for a positive support group.
  • Finchtastic1
    Finchtastic1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am struggling right now with emotional eating and I am very very close to my goal but I self sabotage. I have a tendency to overeat when I get home from work. Trying to break this habit but it is tough. My only option because I cant seem to have bad food in the house is to re-train my mind then introduce things like nut-thins...big problem...could eat a whole box. Cant keep sweets in....also love cereal.

Feel free to add me. I need support and people to hold me accountable. Got rejected from grad schools and havent been able to exercise due to a bad back. I am close to my goal and I just want to get there. We've got this!
  • 0408boys
    0408boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! My Dad passed away 3 years ago and I gained 55lbs, seriously emotional eating!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I've been battling depression since I was 14, and I'm not sure when it happened, but I went from never eating to being an emotional eater. I once got to where I was so miserable with my life that my sister used to say I looked like a skeleton. Somewhere along the way, I started to comfort myself with chips and ice cream. That in addition to wedded bliss ended up making me 40 lbs heavier. I'm still working on dealing with my emotions in other ways, but I'm not 100% there yet. Good luck to all of you! :smile:

Anyone can add me if they want.
  • deetee24
    deetee24 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone!

Glad to see so many people participate in a group discussion about struggling with emotional eating. I too am challenged by finding healthy things to do to cope with stress, anxiety, depression, boredom, etc. In the last year I've gained about 40pounds due to constant binge drinking and over-eating. I've just finally come to the realization that it's time to stop making excuses and get back to the happy and healthy lifestyle before I let myself go.

Good luck to all of you! I'd love to have some buddies on here so feel free to add me up for support!
  • sharonglantz
    sharonglantz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Sharon.Today was day 1 on my fitness pal.my friend lost 20 pounds on it and she looks great.I have gotton out of control with my eating.I have been the yo yo dieter all of my life.I am the emotional eater.I eat happy,sad,bored,depressed,and its also the number one to socialize.eat out with your friends.food is one thing we cant live without and sometimes when you feel we have it,we lose it.you know what i mean.
    Im excited about this.keeping track makes me think before i eat.
    Also love that i get to eat more when i exercise more.my 1 hour bike ride today gave me an extra 500 calories.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Good for you! Me too! You are on your way!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Depression is a big one. We are all here for you. Glad to see you.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    So glad you are here. My group is called Feelings and Food. Just getting it going,so I hopefully am doing this right!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Way to lose those pounds! You have a precious baby to be healthy for! Great job!
  • susanjean62
    Options
    22 pounds! Wonderful. This place is such an inspiration to me.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    Hello,. Darling dog!Good to have you here.
  • susanjean62
    Options
    So nice to meet you. There are so many of us wanting to get healthy. It's going to be the start of a brand new year,with dealing with feelings,and not looking to food.
  • Aboele79
    Aboele79 Posts: 40
    Options
    i am also an emotional eater and has caused me never ending grief .. am fed up with it ruling my life so i am here making a difference to my life this time :D