22+ tryin to lose weight by mid may! Who wants to join?

Options
I want to see how much i could possbly lose by mid may.... What are some good starting ideas?

Replies

• LilRachelle
    Options
    I'll join you! I have my last 10 pounds to go, looking for more motivational friends to draw ideas from and be support to them as well. I have been going strong since the end of December and easing up a bit for a few days to the end of March. Come April 1st, I'll be going stronger than ever! Ideas, ideas...

What I've been doing so far is lots of aerobic activity; treadmill, elliptical, ect., and lots of interval training, some weights too but want to introduce way more into my workouts. Friend me if you're interested in working together. :flowerforyou:
  • sporteegurl
    Options
    HI!
    Hi I too am trying to lose 10 lbs.....would love the support!

I just switched my eating to 3 squares, no snacks, and cut out the crazy endurance cycling I use to do. I am meditating and walking mostly. I am making April 1st the official start day, when I will add the weight training back in.

So....how does this work?
    Ellie
  • gall5333
    gall5333 Posts: 22
    Options
    LilRachelle!!! I started off late Dec. early jan and since late feb I've almost come to a complete stop on workin out :/
    I'm hoping to start workin out again tomorrow and if not then i want get goin by april 1st as well (and no I'm not going use the date- april fools- as an excuse to skip another day...haha)

Do you like doing any aerobic work in the outdoors? I don't have any machines at home and I'm on a tight budget so i got no gym... I had just started to go run (in intervals-run/jog 3 min, walk 1 min) outside... And I finally pulled out my bike and I've been pedaling my little heart out :) I have been enjoying the bike more since its a non weight bearing activity (I had a foot injury a three years ago and it still gives me a hard time when I do high impact activities such as running)..
    if you have the time, try to go hiking....its a pretty fun adventure if you got a few hours to spare and the views can be awesome depending on where you go. I live in the central coast of California so every now and then i go to big sur and its a great stress reliever to work out by hiking while getting to sightsee :D
    If you know how to swim, swimming can be a great workout!
    Tennis is awesome also! I recently tried that out with a friend and even though we didn't play by the rules it got us sweating all kinds! We jus made sure we kept the ball goin back and forth regardless of how many times the ball would bounce...eventually we challenged ourselves by trying to keep the ball from bouncing so many times in between each hit.

Do you listen to music while workin out? If so what do you listen to? (Artist/song names?)

Im Heidi by the way :)
  • gall5333
    Options
    Hi Ellie! Ive tried to quit snacking but its tough! Especially cuz i work around pastries all the time! :/
    I would love to know what you do for meditating...I've tried doing it but i fall asleep haha and i don't think thats how it works.... Why did you stop cycling if you don't mind me asking?

The main thing I am going for with this forum post is to jus find supportive people and read about what they do to see if theres other good workout ideas to try....i want to continually try different things so that my body doesn't adapt to one type of workout.
  • LilRachelle
    Options
    Hi Heidi,

Thanks for you reply. I just had a long message ready to send back to you and I pressed backspace to correct an spelling error and have lost it all. :explode: :sad:

Now, it's going to be a while before I can retype it.

Sorry, will chat with you in a bit. :smile:
  • zombiefishfish
    Options
    I'll join! I just joined here today and could probably use someone to keep me motivated to keep up with my food and exercise journals.
  • gall5333
    Options
    Lilrachelle!!! Its always a major bummer when you lose all the stuff you typed up! Ive done it plenty of times before!:frown:
  • gall5333
    Options
    Hi zmbiefishfis!

Welcome! Hopefully you make the best of this site.... Its pretty awesome for it bein free :happy:

I saw that you made your goal for today...congrats!
  • junekucks
    junekucks Posts: 23
    Options
    Ill join you. Have 10 pounds to go. Have not been exercising , just limiting intake to 1200 day. Had regained 20 lbs. previously lost , but used Lent to start up again, Lost 10 but another 10 is not feasible by Easter.May is more realistic. Good job!
  • gall5333
    Options
    Hi junekucks,

Its always great to lose but it sucks when you backtrack hu....i havent been exercising either...my excuse? I dont have time....but when i really think about it, i have the time (for @ least 3 times a week) i just do not have my priorities straight :ohwell: lent is a great place to start...what did you give up?

Lets see how much we can lose by may junekucks!

Cheers
  • MrsBlu2006
    Options
    I wouldn't mind joining you all. I have recently just rejoined MFP and are looking to make some motivating friends.
  • taz69tazz
    taz69tazz Posts: 57
    Options
    I'll join! I just joined here today and could probably use someone to keep me motivated to keep up with my food and exercise journals.
  • gall5333
    Options
    Hey mrsblu2006, taz69tazz :smile:

Welcome! What have you guys done to get started?
  • MrsBlu2006
    Options
    Well I've been trying to workout three times a week since the beginning on March. I do Zumba, Nike + on Kinect, Wii Fit Plus, & sometimes walk the track at my daughters school. Also. I've tried changing my food intake to low fat choices and staying below 1500 calories a day. Which is easy because I really only eat once a day which I'm trying to change. My Birthday is in a month and I know wont lose 30 lbs however, i would like to lose up to 2lbs a week until then. My ultimate goal is to hopefully have reached my weight loss goal by my anniversary in October which gives me plenty of time. Do you have any suggestions?. I'm open
  • sammirust
    sammirust Posts: 83
    Options
    id love to join in. ive got a lot to lose but any type of loss before may would be nice. HI everyone <3
  • karoumee
    karoumee Posts: 100
    Options
    i ll join :)
    nice to meet you all...

i have the last 10lbs to lose..and ive been trying to for the past year..but i didnt always exercise and eat right...
    i would love for us to do it together :))
  • gall5333
    Options
    Mrsblu2006

Check out some of the suggestions i mentioned to lilrachelle :smile:
    Ive done what you have been doing, the kinect, wii, and zumba really get you moving :happy:
    I love the plan you got bout losing 2 pounds per week...that is very reasonable and its a healthy rate youre choosing

Do you listen to any music while workin out? If so, what?
  • gall5333
    Options
    Hi sammirust and karoumee

How have you two started?
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    If all goes well, I should hit my goal by mid-May. I have it down as 8 pounds left to lose, but I am much less concerned with my weight than I am with other fitness factors like endurance, strength, body fat %, and inches. I've got a 5k to run in early May, so I'm working on that, and I want to be able to do a few unassisted pullups by the end of the year. I'd also like to increase the number of pushups I can do (I max out at 40).
  • littlebigass33
    Options
    Hi all, Im new too and hoping to loose about 70 lbs all together.
    9lb down so thats keepin me motivated! My daughter is 5 weeks old so im feelin ready to get back to working out and pushing that pram lol :-) plus holiday booked for mid may!!! Wooowhoo
    Its lovely reading all ur posts, defo motivation for me !!!! Xx