A LADY WHO LIFTS - 1 year of progress! (pics)

Options

Replies

• herebeeri
    herebeeri Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    OP - you look incredible and are a massive inspiration. I'm looking to get NROLFW, join a gym and hire a trainer to help me start out but I am definitely nervous about doing it!
  • lizzy00125
    lizzy00125 Posts: 138
    Options
    Nice work. You look great. I started out with NROL as well. It is a great beginner book.
  • GiinaBeanxo
    Options
    You look awesome. I love the definition of your back! Congrats
  • KatjaO
    KatjaO Posts: 71
    Options
    Wow, wow, and wow!

I have easier time doing running and cardio. i love the high you get. But looking at your body - I need to start figuring out how to get high on weights!

Just wow!
  • msvelvetheart
    Options
    Wow I think this may be one of the best posts I have read in my life!!! This has just made me determined into getting into weights!!! Currently I've been trying to lose weight doing cardio and tiny bit of strength training, nothing much while eating low cal diet but then I reached a platuau which infuriated me to the point of tears as I was so angry that I was eating little but there seemed to be no point. I eventually pulled myself together a bit, upped my cals and started doing 30day shred everyday as some small cardio here and there. I'm almost finished and I've seen a little change. No weight loss but I expected it. Tiny inch loss which is good but I hoped for more. So I'm starting to get frustrated again and weight lifting just seems to constantly come up as the answer for me. I want muscles so I would be really excited to get into it!!! I just feel totally lost as a beginner though as I have no clue what to do and the names of lifts or what I'm capable of and what I should be doing. Anyways this post jut inspired me so much! And yes I have jiggly bits too! Even after weightloss which shows I definitely need to get into strength more!!!!! Wow thank you so much I'm so getting that book now!!!!!!!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Great transformation. I would that all the anorexic girls would get the revelation that you did.. It is NOT about weight loss.. It is about FAT LOSS... You have done it by EATING and LIFTING... You have dropped body fat and increased lean mass and look great.. Nice job.. Look forward to seeing next year's pics.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. The more people that see these kinds of results the better. Both men and women. So many people putting off strength training until after they lose weight or not planning on starting at all. Then not understanding why they are not seeing the results they want compared to the amount of work they are putting in.

Again nice work, you look amazing.
  • Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    You have done an amazing job
  • iliveintheshire
    Options
    You look absolutely amazing. When I get closer to my goal weight, I totally want to get into New Rules now.
    Edit: I'm doing a lot of free strength training with every workout now, just nothing structured. Just thought I should clarify. Ha.
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    great progress! thank you for sharing! Love lifting! :)
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    You've made fantastic progress--looking great!

I'm going to send my MFP friends to your thread, as I have a lot who are just getting interested in lifting.

Thanks for answering all the great questions you've had--it was interesting to hear your thoughts on NROLFW vs. Stronglifts for a beginner. I feel like I'm always directing women towards Stronglifts or Starting Strength because I just find those programs so much simpler in design, and much more efficient. But I grew up with a stepdad who coached strength, so I was pretty comfortable with lifting and the guys in gyms, etc. I've encouraged other women to just get over these hang ups and lift, but if it helps to have NROLFW vs. SS or Stronglifts in the beginning, I'm definitely supportive of that.

I should add that I've not done NROLFW, but I've read the book and liked it, for the most part.

Best wishes with your continued lifting and your PhD! Exciting stuff. :flowerforyou:
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    you look fab:) i also enjoy lifting more than cardio.
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Excellent work!! I saw this and went to go show a friend of mine on here... only to realize you know her too lol. I'll be pimping you out to others who doubt (because sadly, there are still many who don't understand)
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Wow nice! You have a great body shape!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You look like a fit and healthy young lady. Exactly the result women need to realise that lifting gives. Great job and I am glad you enjoy your workouts :)
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look amazing & you are inspiration for me to continue my lifts!
  • calisunrise
    calisunrise Posts: 307
    Options
    you look amazing. :)
  • Storm2685
    Storm2685 Posts: 16
    Options
    wow! you look incredible, so inspiring!
  • beki_c
    beki_c Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, just wanted to say congrats for your results! You've obviously been working hard!
    I'm a lady who lifts as well and have been for a while, but I'm struggling to get the results I want!
    As per most women, it's my abs and my butt that I want to focus on!
    I'm unsure whether to put my weights up or not, or even how high to put them up!
    Any tips for a fellow lifter?
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    That is Amazing! You have had incredible results!

I am just starting strength training and would like to start lifting at some point so you are an inspiration
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!