Hi Everyone...

Options
jennk221
jennk221 Posts: 85 Member
I recently found this website and started this weight loss journey (again)...I am so happy to have a tool like this to use, I hope it helps! I am definitely struggling already. I want to be done playing the games and just do it already! I have two young children who need me around for a long time and I would love to take this opportunity and turn it into something positive for them, so we can all be healthier! Any support would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is great! :flowerforyou:
  • greerv72
    greerv72 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm fairly new to MFP as well, and I absolutely love it! Everyone on this site is so positive and motivating, it really helps me to stay on track.. especially when I start losing focus of my goals. I'm sure you will love it as well. Welcome and good luck! :)
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    Welcome!!! Your going to love it here! I've done alot of different diets and websites and this one by far is the best. Check out the community and the posts and get involved. It has helped me so much. Have talked to so many wonderful and supportive people. Good luck!!!
  • jennk221
    jennk221 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you...I am going to try and get involved with other members as I think that will really help me! Unfortunately I think it will be a little hard at first because I am shy at first and nervous about what people will think of me.
    This is my first step!
    Thanks again!!
  • mclark1588
    mclark1588 Posts: 28
    Options
    hello!! Im fairly new too. I love it here because anytime I have a question I know I will get the best answer here. Everyone is great. Any help with anything get ahold of me.
  • BigVinney
    BigVinney Posts: 16
    Options
    You can do it! Ok, forget about your kids for a second!
    So as parents we are so giving, so attentive to our childrens every need...
    If you really love them you will focus on yourself a little bit more.
    Try being a little selfish for once, care about yourself, think about YOU.
    Your kids can go without for a minute. One day at a time, fight fight fight!!!
    Take care!!!
  • stongue
    stongue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Just a little reminder....most of us are here because we are at the same place you are so please don't feel shy;) I'd love to be your friend and we can encourage each other! If you look at my profile I think we may be pretty similar. I've set some mini goals as well as the big one. This site is a godsend. Takes all of the work out of journaling the food;) And even better is if you can find a few minutes to get out and take a walk or ride a bike or swim when you put in the exercise it shows the amount of calories that you burned. Boy does that ever make it worthwhile. So I'm glad you're here and good luck in your journey:)