Replies

• monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    bend it in shakes with fruit
  • mmyers1129
    mmyers1129 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You can add w/e fruit nuts you like or make shakes and put it in there you wont be able to taste it to much will just make it thicker
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    That stuff is great! Chobani FTW!
  • CherryOnionKiss
    CherryOnionKiss Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    oikos has greek yogourt with fruit on the bottom.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt tastes like blue cold ash
  • amyleigh628
    Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I'm going to try a different brand, but I could barely eat the other brand I had bought.
  • cpudoc64
    cpudoc64 Posts: 135
    Options
    I liked Greek yogurt too until I saw how much sugar was in it. By my count, Chobani has 20g per container. Ouch.
    I'm going with Dannon LIght & Fit now...7g of sugar per container.

Here is blueberry;
    Chobani
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/yogurt-chobani-yogurt-greek-yogurt-blueberry-non-fat-62734005

Dannon Light & Fit
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/dannon-greek-light-and-fit-blueberry-yogurt-150g-64122588

Hope this helps.
  • swampiesue
    swampiesue Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle a little low calorie yoghurt on it,
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Try a few brands. I can't stand Oikos or Fage, but I LOVE chobani! My newest thing is to take a container of plain chobani (16gms of protein and 100 cals!!!) and mix in 1 tbsp of nutella and 1 tbsp of mini chocolate chips. It's like dessert for breakfast with a protein kick. I also adore Chobani pineapple and Chobani mango. The other flavors are okay, but don't appeal to me NEARLY as much as those 3 favorites!
  • MrsKTillman
    Options
    When it first came on the market i HATED it also.... now i eat it daily! the trick for me was to try differant brands... there is a HUGE differance between them. My preferance is Chobani.... i wont touch the yoplait or dannon if you paid me to!
  • KelleyRob
    KelleyRob Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I don't like yogurt, any kind. But I have found I am addicted the plain greek yogurt, PB2, sweetener of some kind, chia seeds and chopped apple. OMG it is so yummy. Try mixing things you like with it or use it to bake with or in smoothies. :flowerforyou:
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fan when it 1st came out either but has become one of my favorite things. I do think experimentation is necessary to find one you like. I tried many flavored ones and like a few but I most buy plain 2% Fage. I do not like the fat-free ones . I steer clear of sugary yogurt now as its just too sweet for my taste now. I don't like artificial sweetener either ( I think it leaves a funny aftertaste). I make 2 versions: I put fruit ( fresh or frozen thawed) in bowl add yogurt a drizzle of raw honey ( like a teaspoon or 2) a few almonds and enjoy...or just leave out fruit. having shared all that if you truely hate it then find something else you do enjoy. heck eat chicken for breakfast or steak if you want
  • kegrip917
    kegrip917 Posts: 14
    Options
    I used to hate the sour-milk taste of yogurt, but with the addition of all the new Greek varieties on the market, I've become a devoted fan and keep it in the fridge at all times. My favorite is non-fat plain, as it has the lowest sugar and high protein count.

Chobani and Fage are favorites. Chobani flavored are high in sugar but you can finish the yogurt and ditch the stuff at the bottom, thus lowering the sugar intake. Dannon Light & Fit Greek is good, but I think they're full of a lot of artificial chemicals.

I don't eat anything that has aspartame in it. I'd rather use no-calorie or low-calorie natural sweeteners & control the amount.

I found that adding a quarter-to-half teaspoon of Stevia powder helps with the flavor. You can also add low-sugar or sugar-free fruit preserves (apricot, strawberry, blueberry, etc.), sugar-free maple syrup (yum!) or organic blue agave nector. I also add a couple of scoops of chia seeds for extra fiber & texture. Experiment with things in your spice cabinet: cocoa powder, cinnamon, vanilla or almond extract, etc.

With the fruit-on-the-bottom Greek yogurts, I found a couple that have the fruit flavoring throughout the yogurt as well as a pool of syrupy fruit bits at the bottom. I just don't eat that part. Or, you can add regular low-sugar yogurt to the plain to flavor it, which adds more calcium (& everything else listed on the label).

I also like to add raw sliced almonds or chopped walnuts for a protein boost.
  • kajune16th
    Options
    I love Chobani pineapple...it's the best! High in sugar, but also high in protein :) I have tried Muller with raspberries and blackberries...another favorite.
  • lostman
    lostman Posts: 10
    Options
    How much yogurt are you using with the dressing? 1 cup? Thanks!
  • mrsnecincy
    mrsnecincy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I would never advise somebody to eat something they don't like either but if you want to there are a few more things you can try. I always have Greek yogurt in my fridge and I eat it every day mostly with fruit, nuts, honey and cinnamon but I also use it to make salad dressing as has been suggested it makes great coleslaw and waldorf salad and you can mix it with worcestershire sauce to make a nice low cal sauce for meat and burgers, I put top curry and chilli with it too and mix with anything to make a dip with crudites. I always check the ingredients though, the lower the cal the more other guff they add like gelatine and modified starch. Just wondering OP if it's a texture thing? They use less aditives here than in the commercial brands so I only buy local ones. Something like Fage is more authentic.
  • autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I liked Greek yogurt too until I saw how much sugar was in it. By my count, Chobani has 20g per container. Ouch.
    I'm going with Dannon LIght & Fit now...7g of sugar per container.

Here is blueberry;
    Chobani
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/yogurt-chobani-yogurt-greek-yogurt-blueberry-non-fat-62734005

Dannon Light & Fit
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/dannon-greek-light-and-fit-blueberry-yogurt-150g-64122588

Hope this helps.

This- Dannon Greek Light & Fit is really good and has less calories and sugar than most other brands and a lot of protein. It is the only one I will buy now.
  • bwnorton
    bwnorton Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I learned new ways to eat Greek yogurt from this thread! I use Greek yogurt whenever I would use sour cream. It's about the same consistency and flavor in baking, yet it doesn't have the fat and has more protein. I like some of the other ideas of using it in smoothies or mixing it with vanilla yogurt.
  • SassJess81
    SassJess81 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I actually love greek yogurt now. But I recently found out that any yogurt can be made greek, it is just strained. The reason it has more protein is it is just more condensed. Take any yogurt you like, put a sieve over a bowl, line it with a cheesecloth and let it sit in the fridge overnight. It will strain all the liquid off and be about half the volume. You have to play around with yogurts to find one you like. But really, there's not much difference if you eat 1/2 cup of greek or 1 cup of regular, if that's what you prefer.
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was the same way with all yogurt actually....not just greek. Most of the regular yogurt I've tried was always so sweet and I don't like overly sweet stuff. I've tried some greek yogurts too and the consistancy was weird to me but the the greek wasn't as sweet so I kept trying different brands. I recently tried Yopa Nonfat Greek Yogurt and I'm loving it! I've only tried the blueberry (which is SO good) but I will be trying other flavors once I can find some in my stores. I love that it has a little bit of granola that you can mix in. The blueberry flavor with the granola is only 180 calories and it keeps me full until lunch so I love it!

Just keep trying different brands until you find the one ; )