A LADY WHO LIFTS - 1 year of progress! (pics)

Options

Replies

• Wilson929
    Wilson929 Posts: 100
    Options
    Great job!! I am also a self taught lifter. Bodybuilding.com has been a great help to me along with my awesome friends here.
    You look fantastic. Keep up the great work !!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    great job you look wonderful
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    great job! Your legs look terrific!!
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you lady! I just started lifting with a trainer 3 weeks ago - the thought of going it alone is still too terrifying to me so I'm thoroughly impressed with your mental strength (and of course, your physical achievements)! You look amazing and thanks for sharing your hard earned results!
  • smazzyuk
    smazzyuk Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just purchased the book from Amazon, cant wait to read it !
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!

I'm halfway through stage two of nrolfw right now and your post its great motivation to keep going!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    great results!!! way to go!
  • SoUnaware
    SoUnaware Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I still have to lose weight to a healthy weight for my height, but you just inspired me to start lifting once I get there. Like, wow. The change in your body is amazing! You look amazing! THANK YOU for posting this!!
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. Your glutes give me hope :flowerforyou:
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Very nice! You look phenomenal!

And hooray for women who lift and lift heavy!

:flowerforyou:
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and I love seeing progress pics from women who lift!
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I sooo hope to have progress like you!!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and have demonstrated progress in not only your outward appearance but in so many ways the camera can never show including the dedication to consistently work to improve your health for over a year, the self confidence to do things a lot of people would frown on and new strength of body and mind. Very inspirational, thanks for sharing.
  • tiggermamaof2
    tiggermamaof2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    wow amazing results.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wow I'm gonna start. Ill order the book online! Thanks for sharing.
  • LesaLu4
    LesaLu4 Posts: 83
    Options
    This it's so inspirational. Thanks for taking the time to share not only your results, but a lot of information as well.
  • Onyx3333
    Onyx3333 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and your body form is what I'd like mine to look like eventually as well. Although I know genetics and body structure has a roll in this, I'd like to have a nice lean, body with muscle definition. I am quite a bit shorter than you though so I am doubting I will ever completely look like you but I am determined to try. I have dome some strength training but I am starting to get more into it with heavier weights so I am trying to decide if I want to do SL 5x5 or NROL4W. I already do cardio twice a week with circuit/ strength training 3x week so I don't know which program would be better for me. SL 5x5 is definitely more straight forward but NROL has a bit more variety...ugh...decisions decisions...

You are a definite inspiration!!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    fantastic job!
    this is probably the best recomp I have seen on MFP

Wow! what a compliment, thank you so much!
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Hey, this looks AWESOME, I really want to start lifting heavy on some sort of program...I've done Body Pump for a few months and worked with free weights alone a few times but no real program, and it's all been while eating at a deficit, and doing lots of cardio. Now I'm at about 135ish lbs (I'm 5'7) and I thinkkkk I'd like to be somewhere between 125 and 130...but I'm more worried about how I look than a number on the scale. My question is would you recommend starting a program while eating at a deficit (knowing that muscle gains will be tiny or nonexistent) until I'm at the weight I'd like? Or just eating at maintenance and starting a program before trying to cut down any more weight? Or (scary - I don't think this is the best idea but it's what other people have told me) eating at a slight surplus for a while to start lifting? Basically, what calorie levels will change my body composition faster?

Thanks so much! I went to a body pump class once, it was tough! Im not used to the high rep work like the class ha! Changing body composition is a VERY slow process. It's been a year for me and it's still changing. Personally I would recommend eating at maintenance while lifting for slow body recomp like I did, but you can eat at a slight deficit, no more than 200 calories less than your maintenance, if you feel you need to. But honestly the number on the scale really doesn't matter when you get to the last 10 lbs or so, you'll see a lot better results from changing your body comp with lifting. Make sure to eat high protein too!

One can eat at a surplus and do a "bulk" and then a "cut" but I have not yet done that and it's definitely a possibility but it's not a fast process. I think the basic suggestion is a 6 month bulk then 6 month cut. I personally haven't done it because I am also not sure I could mentally handle gaining weight on purpose.

I am a huge proponent of just starting lifting right away! Why wait! It won't hurt your progress, only help it! A lot of people find that lifting makes them very hungry so you may find you want to eat maintenance anyways!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!