Scared to buy a bathroom scale

Options
I have never owned a bathroom scale in my entire life! Now my man and I are both dieting and working out, and he feels it would be beneficial to buy a bathroom scale. I usually use the scale at his work, since I only visit him at work once a week or once every couple weeks. I am a little nervous because I have been working so hard and I don't want to become a 'slave to the numbers'. I think that if I had a bathroom scale, I would weigh myself every morning and obsess over the numbers.

Replies

• tavander
    tavander Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Don't be scared, embrace it as a starting point for change!! I too don't like to get caught up in numbers, so I only weigh myself every two weeks. Don't forget to do measurements too, changes often show up there even though the scale doesn't move sometimes. Good luck!
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    here here! i agree with tavader!
  • sam2940
    sam2940 Posts: 1
    Options
    don't always focus on the no# cause everyone different!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I like having access to the scale, but I try and put it in a place where it's not obvious. Such as, my closet, in a drawer, in a room I'm not in much, etc. Sometimes, I am tempted, but for the most part out of sight, out of mind.
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Get your man to find a spot to "hide" the scale (after all, it's his idea) and only bring it out for you once a week--that way, he can weigh-in as often as he wants and you can stick with once a week.
  • Evolution
    Evolution Posts: 8
    Options
    You are not alone. I don't own one either. But I have to admit it is getting a little hard I think I am making progress through inches but I would like to chart my weight loss when I start Insanity. Just weigh once a week or every 2weeks. If we don't then we'll never know how much to celebrate while you are loosing it. :smile:
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    Tavader is absolutely right. Every 2 weeks is sufficient - although I'm a hypocrite because I weigh myself twice a week!

But you're right in not wanting to become a slave to the numbers. So many people become disheartened by what the scales say and it's really only a guide.
  • WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    When I first started the weight loss I wasnt going to use scales....simply because I was terrified what the starting weight might say and thought it might put me off starting.

But I did go and get some and I am real glad I did....even a 0 .1 of a pound is important - just to see the scales moving the right way - however tiny the amount. And actually, when I did stand on them for the first time I didnt weight as much as I thought I would!

I hide mine underneath a chest of drawers so I don't see them everyday and weight myself once a week.