I don't see a difference...

Options

Replies

• sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i see a slight difference, your belly looks a little smaller. looks like you lost inches.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Maybe there's not much of a difference now, but keep at it and one day it'll be like BAM! and you will notice a big change!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    If you want some more advice, make your diary public so that the long-timers on here can have a look and help steer you in the right direction, or confirm that you're on track.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Bump the back area, the fold isn't as deep.
    Also it's only been a few weeks, Imagine what a few months will do!
    Remember the Tortoise and the Hare.... Keep on Moving!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    What kind of change were you looking for in two weeks?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    One day at a time.
    Do not give up.

I see a difference in your back.

I was frustrated too at first, but just knew I couldnt continue as I was.

I would be happy to share some before and during pictures if it would encourage you.

Also, I would highly recommend strength training, you will not be sorry, retain the muscle you have, you will like what you see better as you drop body fat.

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/The_Starting_Strength_Novice/Beginner_Programs
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

This.
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i definitely see a difference in the area just below your arms, in the upper torso you seem to have lost quite a few inches, and in the side view, your back seems to not have as deep of a fold. i know it seems blunt, but thats what i se
  • Tetonia
    Tetonia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    keep doing what you are doing for two months and compare the pictures at that point
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    It has been 2 weeks. You have to be more patient than this.
    I know. I already stated that patience isn't a strong point of mine.
    If you want some more advice, make your diary public so that the long-timers on here can have a look and help steer you in the right direction, or confirm that you're on track.
    I appreciate the suggestion, and I have done so before. (On another account.) I rather keep my diary friends only and I do stay within my calorie and mostly my macros. I have cut out most processed foods and eat low carbs/sodium. Eating for me, as of right now, doesn't seem to be an issue.
    Nothing super dramatic. I just expected that maybe I would start to see something myself. I guess after seeing so many people drop so much in such a short period of time, I expected something similar.

Thank you everyone else for the feedback. I know mentally I will feel more "up" when I drop that one pants size or when I start to personally notice it myself. I am glad that mostly everyone here does see something. At least I don't feel like I am busting my *kitten* for nothing with 30DS.
  • asnnbrg
    asnnbrg Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You appear "tighter," for lack of a better word. I started p90x around the same time (first week of March). No significant weight loss, but clothes are looser, and I am definitely stronger than when I started. Slow and steady wins the race: Hang in there!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    It has been 2 weeks. You have to be more patient than this.
    I know. I already stated that patience isn't a strong point of mine.
    I appreciate the suggestion, and I have done so before. (On another account.) I rather keep my diary friends only and I do stay within my calorie and mostly my macros. I have cut out most processed foods and eat low carbs/sodium. Eating for me, as of right now, doesn't seem to be an issue.
    Nothing super dramatic. I just expected that maybe I would start to see something myself. I guess after seeing so many people drop so much in such a short period of time, I expected something similar.

Thank you everyone else for the feedback. I know mentally I will feel more "up" when I drop that one pants size or when I start to personally notice it myself. I am glad that mostly everyone here does see something. At least I don't feel like I am busting my *kitten* for nothing with 30DS.

Just keep working at it and in another 2 weeks or 2 months you will see even more of a difference..

And just for your record I can see your tummy has shrunk a little!

Patience is a virtue, keep working on it x
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    Thank you guys. :)

Oh I wanted to add, I want to strength train, but don't really have the money right now for a gym membership anywhere. But with the 30DS, I am using 5 lbs weights. Have been since the beginning.
  • LynGrahamKemp
    LynGrahamKemp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, its only been a few weeks... Ive started Insanity on March 4th and Im 21 days in, although I can complete most of the workouts better than when I started out, I cant see any difference. I was told by a lot of people they see my body changing and I look great, so Ive decided to stick with it.

We are our worst critics!!! I see the difference in your photos, keep up the great work!
  • sharpdagger
    sharpdagger Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I see a difference. You are doing great. Hang in there. For a more dramatic change though, I think you should cut down to 1200 calories a day or possibly 1500 if 1200 is too tough for you. Choose good filling foods (spinach is great for me) so you are not starving yourself and make sure to get enough protein.
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    I see a difference. You are doing great. Hang in there. For a more dramatic change though, I think you should cut down to 1200 calories a day or possibly 1500 if 1200 is too tough for you. Choose good filling foods (spinach is great for me) so you are not starving yourself and make sure to get enough protein.

Thank you. I appreciate the suggestion as well, but I am going to try to stick to the IPOARM suggestions for now. I got to be able to have enough energy to keep up with my 14 month old. :)
  • sharpdagger
    Options
    Here are some of the differences:
    1. belly overhang is less (you can see more in the side pic)
    2. breasts are a little smaller -often fat leaves in reverse order which it came so if that was one of the last places to get bigger, it could have been reducing a little before it heads to the next most recent place.
    3. crease in side/back less pronounced.

So you ARE making progress!

If the belly was the first to come, it will often be the last to go (at least fully). Hang in there. I went 6 weeks with no change after a good start then one week BAM...I lost 7 pounds. Sometimes that happens.
  • sharpdagger
    Options
    What is IPOARM? I will try to google. LOL
  • sharpdagger
    Options

Thank you. I appreciate the suggestion as well, but I am going to try to stick to the IPOARM suggestions for now. I got to be able to have enough energy to keep up with my 14 month old. :)

KK...biggest loser (as well as many diet programs) like 1200 for women and 1500-1600 for men. I remember JM says she like to vary it to confuse the body so it doesn't adapt...with 1200 being minimum. If your IPOARM doesn't work, try 2 weeks of that!
  • Ashwee87
    Options
    What is IPOARM? I will try to google. LOL

In Place of A Road Map :)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912914-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013