What "fun" run 5k have you done?

Options
I did the Color Me Rad in November, and it was a blast. Yesterday I did The Neon Run which was a HUGE letdown. It was so poorly executed that everyone was complaining and the Facebook page blew up. I was really disappointed and had such high hopes about it. So I want to make sure the next one is a great time! What fun runs have you done? What's your favorite if you've been to a few?

Replies

• alychil820
    alychil820 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I had signed up for the Color Run last year, but I ended up breaking my foot two weeks before! Womp womp. I signed up again for July of this year, and in June I'm doing to Spartan Race (lawd help me).

We have a local 5K beach run here that I've done a few times, and I love it. I'm not the fastest runner, but I'm happy if I finish.
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    October 2012 Halloween Hustle. Benefits a scholarship for High School Srs in my small community. Finished last but by gosh I finished. Encouraging that just my participating got three other people to join with me.
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My first run was a fun run 5 km in Ottawa. Dec.31 the resalution run it was fun but cold lol
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    My first run was a fun run 5 km in Ottawa. Dec.31 the resalution run it was fun but cold lol
    My next run is Where is Franktown run on May 11th
  • KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I just did a Color Run yesterday. I had an absolute blast! I loved it so much that I signed up for another one in a different city in June.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I haven't done any of the big events or obstacle races, but I do a turkey trot and a Halloween fun run every year. I try for a jingle bell run too, but usually don't make that one due to illness. I'm doing the 5k that crosses the boston marathon finish line the day before the marathon, that one isn't exactly a fun run, but I'm looking forward to getting pictures of it..
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    They have a jingle bell jog every year in my town. It's just two miles and everybody gets a bell to put on their shoes. It sounds like a giant sleigh ride.
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    The last two years I've run a new years race (starts at Midnight) here through a local park that has huge christmas light displays. It's so much fun to run through the lights and they have snacks and hot chocolate. Of course the last two years it's be really cold!
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I did the Dirty Girl Mud Run! I and a blast with that race. And I'm signed up for Run or Dye this year--I have heard good things about it.
  • SteppyRohr
    SteppyRohr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I did The Color Run in Columbus, OH last summer and had a great time. This summer I am signed up to the 5K Foam Fest/Mud Run and looking forward to it.
  • Licratonic
    Licratonic Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Done the Round the Bays - 8.4km fun walk/run last month... WAY TO MANY PEOPLE! Thousands and thousands participate... :drinker:
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I did a dirty girl mud run last year. I did two 5ks in February, in snow storms, which made it kind of fun. I am doing a warrior run in a month. That should be a blast!
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    I would preface this by saying that most of the races I've done were enjoyable, but I think by "fun" you mean gimmicky?

St. Charles, MO has a "Santa Dash". It was like 2,000 people all dressed up in red long sleeve tech shirts, beards, Santa hats and gloves. It was pretty amazing to stand at the start with that many people dressed alike. Then over a couple of rolling hills, seeing this train of Clauses. It was pretty excellent.
  • Txnurse97
    Txnurse97 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I've done the Warrior Dash, Electric Run and Graffiti Run. All were really fun!
  • kathuggs
    kathuggs Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I did the Glow Run in January and the Hog Wild mud run in Feb. I'm doing another mud run next month. So much fun!
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    In November I did my first 5k, a local Turkey Trot- wasn't too fun, not many people. In December I did a Reindeer Run, that one was fun, did it with a couple of friends and we dressed up, had humping reindeer t-shirts! I did my 3rd one today, although it wasn't a fun run...it was organized by a loca fella and it was for Wounded Veterans.
    I'm doing my first Warrior Dash in May, lord help me. I want to do the Glo Run, they look like a lot of fun...hopefully this fall.
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm doing the Mud Sweat Tears challenge in July for my first ever running race. Last year it was -4 Celsius or 25 Fahrenheit (it's winter here at that time of year) Looking forward to it, but think i should be doing 10km (6.2 miles) instead of 5km (3.1 miles)
  • miranda823
    miranda823 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    These sound awesome! I am definitely looking into the dirty girl mud run. I love to dress up and get silly for the race, and I've found it's a great motivator for me when I have something fun I'm working for. To me, its like the 5k is the reward for all the hard work I've put in preparing for it. I still have a loooong way to go before I can run the whole thing without stopping, but I want to keep doing it until I get there!
  • kbmiller27
    kbmiller27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Bumping this.....

Color Me Rad was awesome, I can't wait to do another one that is just as fun.

I never realized there were soooooo many different options until just recently.

I'm wondering, does anyone know if there is a good website that lists all the different types of 5k runs all in one collective place?
  • Oakley82
    Oakley82 Posts: 53
    Options
    I did the Glow Run earlier this month (see my avi from it :smile: ) and it was a blast!