I need some friends! :]

Options
Hey all! I'm Megan, most call me Meg though. I'm 23 and 5' tall and have just about 100 lbs to lose! I have been a member on this site for just over a year. Last March I started a weight loss journey that didn't go so well, obviously. And I mostly feel like I just didn't have the support that I needed. My husband (soon to be ex-husband) was always putting me down and mainly making me feel like I wasn't "worthy" of being healthy, with an added bonus of being hotter lol. Then there's my mother, I love her to death but I secretly feel she likes me overweight. And I say that because without fail anytime I restart my program she brings gobs of junk to my home :/. I don't think I ever had the willpower to say no. Until Friday, I was able to voice my concerns with her, that tells me I'm serious.

So with that said, I'd love to hear from anyone that thinks they'd be supportive to me on my journey.

Replies

• Zepplipop
    Zepplipop Posts: 33
    Options
    Bump -- hello out there :)
  • sotoole9980
    Options
    Hello
  • MICHISBABY
    MICHISBABY Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello : )
  • egtyler1994
    egtyler1994 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey Megan :). My name is Emily and I would be more then willing to be your friend. We actually have about the same goal and have been on here about the same time. You are worth so much more then what your ex ever told you and I hope that you are able to show him but most importantly yourself how important you are. :) bump
  • rmcarlisle
    rmcarlisle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here for you! Be proud of yourself, you deserve to do something good for yourself !
  • ConnieAGinther
    ConnieAGinther Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you would like
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm happy to see that you have made the decision and gotten serious about making healthy lifestyle changes. The reward will be well worth the effort. If there is anything I can do just let me know. Take Care.
    Lisa:smile:
  • SusanMPreston43
    SusanMPreston43 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey Megan, I am Susan. Although I am 43, a bit older than you, we do have the same goals. I too have 100+ pounds to lose. I used to have an ex who did the same thing, and a mother that was not loving at all. My current hubby needs to lose weight also, but he has not reached that 'this is enough' point.

I would love to help you reach your goals, give you the needed encouragement and support. I'll send a friend request right away.
  • jorgele
    jorgele Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i just sent you a request, i log everyday and i support all my friends. good luck with your goals!
  • soweli
    soweli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello Megan! I believe you are strong and ready to do this! You can be successful and we can support each other on this journey.
    -Sophia
  • blondeee40
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!! I will try and help you as best I can. I know how it feels to have low self-esteem especially when the people you love don't help.
  • ccmary1
    ccmary1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone
  • Zepplipop
    Zepplipop Posts: 33
    Options
    Here for you! Be proud of yourself, you deserve to do something good for yourself !

I agree, it's just taken me awhile I realize it
  • thinnerhope
    Options
    Hi Meg!

My name is Hope. It's difficult when the ones closest to us are not supportive. I have similar issues. Just remember, everything you need to succeed is already inside of you!

Have a wonderful journey!
  • NaturallyandProperly
    NaturallyandProperly Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me. :) Good luck!
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    welcome to add me, more friends the better! more support :D
  • e6opuoq
    e6opuoq Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello,

I'd love to encourage and support, please add me and im new to this so i need some motivation!
  • MissLatasha
    MissLatasha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm always one so feel free to add me =)
  • whiskey_wunderkind
    Options
    Hey Meg,

Feel free to add me too. Everybody needs a little support.
  • jparks341
    jparks341 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Welcome Megan and feel free to add me as a MFP Buddy! I'm on daily logging, supporting and general motivation for my Pals for over a year. So if you are look for support add me. :)