lifting burns zero calories ???

Options
Why do calories burned from lifting not show up as calories burned or count as excersize ?Just curious.....

Replies

• jlopez188
    jlopez188 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You need to add it as a cardio exercise. How are you tracking the strength training?
  • SynapseAP
    SynapseAP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Under cardio you can put in an entry for strength training. Mine tracks at 97 calories burnt every 25 minutes (my average weight training session length). You can check my diary for an example.
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i think it does not show up with calories because everyone burns differently based on the amount of weight, number of reps, general exertion, fitness level etc. If you want, you could use a HRM to determine calories burned during that time, but since MFP often overestimates cardio anyway, I just do my weight training as normal and don't think about the calories I burned. If I burn them, great. If not? Still toning. But I always work up a good sweat so I'm pretty sure I'm burning some. :)

Keep going strong :)
  • Chula1962
    Chula1962 Posts: 30
    Options
    Awesome.....thanx !!!!! I will not count the calories burned ! I will just feel good that I was sweating !!!!
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Keep up the great work :)