Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

weighing yourself

why weigh yourself in the morning? Does weighing yourself in the morning really show you how much you gained or how much you lost?

Replies

• drugrug
    drugrug Posts: 50
    i like to weigh myself in the morning because i haven't eaten anything and i can really tell how much i've gained/lost
  • 29forever
    29forever Posts: 59 Member
    Only if you consistently weigh yourself in the morning. You weigh less in the morning than at the end of the day. But I figure as long as you are weighing yourself at the same time of day then that will be accurate.
  • akdollie
    akdollie Posts: 69 Member
    As long as you do your weigh in consistently at the same time of day each time it shouldn't matter. I think a lot of people do theirs first thing so they haven't eaten, can empty their bladders, etc. I do mine around 9 am each Sunday just to be consistent. I am usually home from the gym for about an hour before I weigh and have already consumed 3-4 servings of water and maybe a serving of coffee. Doesn't matter to me since its the same each week.
  • Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    I always weigh myself in the morning after I have gone to the bathroom, and before I eat/drink anything. This way I always weigh with the same factors, and the weight tracking progress will be more accurate.
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    I weigh myself before I go to bed and when I get up (after the first trip to the bathroom, usually just #1). I only do this because it is fascinating to see how much weight you lose while sleeping. For me, I am 1.5 lbs - 2 lbs lighter in the morning. BMR is amazing. I really think we should start the sleep all day diet.
  • mikegales
    mikegales Posts: 32 Member
    I weigh myself before I go to bed and when I get up (after the first trip to the bathroom, usually just #1). I only do this because it is fascinating to see how much weight you lose while sleeping. For me, I am 1.5 lbs - 2 lbs lighter in the morning. BMR is amazing. I really think we should start the sleep all day diet.

I love that idea. :smile:
  • MissChyna
    MissChyna Posts: 358 Member
    I always weigh myself in the morning....

If you are not a morning person it's best to weigh yourself around the same time on any given day.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Most people weigh in the morning just because that's when you're typically lightest.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    I weigh in the morning, same time, no clothes and usually after I've gone to the toilet. I think if you follow a consistent weighing regime using the same factors everytime (e.g. weighing at night, same time every night), you will be able to gauge your progress better.