Made fun by friends, and wanting to lose some lbs

Options
To be honest, I'm not obese, since I am an Asian, a 116 lbs and 5,2" girl ( that's me ) before now, I was weighed about 143.3 lbs, then I did a weight loss program, I have to bear a burden.. called fat by most of my friends, I have a hour glass figure like the western people, and broad shoulders. That's why I don't wanna wear any fitting clothes so I look fatter than the real me. And now I've learned to love my body, and how to lose my weight properly.. Now I'm feeling nice wearing a skinny jeans, and fitted clothes.. :D Now my weight goal is 99,2 lbs.. :D need some supports from you guys.. :D
God Bless You

Replies

• haley255
    haley255 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sorry your friends call you fat, if mine did that I'd probably find some new ones to be honest
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    you will not find that kind of friends here!!
  • Gracelenamethyst
    Options
    Yeah, most of Asian people think that a flat body without curves like fashiontv models is much more better than the curvier one, they are narrow minded to be honest, I feel so depressed after my ex bf dumped me just because I weighted 143 lbs.. My friends are the same too.. But without a jerk like my ex bf and my friends I won't be reaching a better and healthy body now.. Most of all my health issues are gone after I lost some lbs.. :) Thanks for your advice
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You're 5' 2" and you're at 116 lbs and want to be 99 lbs?

My advice would be to not do this and post pics. You're very possibly what some call "skinny fat" where your body fat % is high and you simply need to put on some muscle and cut down the fat. So essentially you will be basically replacing your fat with muscle
  • Gracelenamethyst
    Options
    thanks taunto :) how cam I gain some more muscles ?? could you explain more.. ?? thanks.. :)
  • Gracelenamethyst
    Options
    thanks taunto :) how cam I gain some more muscles ?? could you explain more.. ?? thanks.. :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Sure, I have asked some of my more knowledgeable friends to join in and see if they can explain better but I can at least help with the basics.

The main thing is, to eat a bit less than what you burn daily. So if you burn 2,000 calories a day, you eat, for example, 1750 calories. Do this along with workout (and eat back the calories you worked out) and you will lose weight in no time.

You changed your pic so I assume it was because I asked for the pic. Can you upload a pic that shows why you think you're fat though? This is asked to kinda "judge" what % fat you might be at. Check out this thread for that:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/826435-bodyfat-estimation-thread

As females, or even males really, its kinda hard to "bulk up" and look liek those really beefy body builders however, what us mortals can do is to reduce out body fat % which is really simple. You workout and do some strength training. But most importantly, you HAVE to eat properly. Don't starve because all thats doing is killing your metabolism which is something you do NOT want. Heres a friend of mine that eats at 2,000 calories all the times and as you can see, she's very fit.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/toughtulip

Another friend of mine recently made a success thread about losing lots of fat by working out and eating right:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/929824-its-been-over-a-year-since-my-hot-affair-began

I urge you to join this group where you will be met with no nonsense and will be greeted with science backed methods to workout and eat right. You will be losing lots of weight without any pills, or any specific workout machines. You just have to eat a little bit less than what you burn typically and move around as much as possible
  • Gracelenamethyst
    Options
    I didn't upload my photo because of you.. I'm new here..
    Okay I'm gonna upload my pict, but I'm working now.. later at night maybe.. :) thank you very much for your help.. :D
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    H!

Your weight loss goal is a little on the low side. As taunto has mentioned, looking at body fat% is a much better way to go and doing some strength training can really help with keeping to a healthy weight but looking 'tight and firm'. I understand that you may have a small frame and that there is cultural pressure to be very slim, but if you are 'firm', you should feel much more comfortable to wear tight clothes.

Your goal weight is in the underweight category per the BMI. Now, the BMI is not that good for individuals as it uses a sample population as its base, and you may not fall in the parameters for that with your frame, but it is an indicator that your goal weight may be too low. This is why using body fat % is a much better assessment, as it a better indicator of how lean you are.

ETA: I checked out your blog and I am not trying to be mean here or anything, but if the meal plan you have on it is what you are eating, that is just not enough for an active young woman. Please do not sacrifice your health trying to lose weight too quickly. You really do not have to eat that little to lose body fat.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    They don't sound like friends.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

This
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options

This

Unfortunately in many Asian cultures, it's perfectly normal for friends to comment on your weight (this of course does not apply to everyone). I'm not even going to talk about what family members generally tend to think is okay to say about one's weight :)

Not defending her "friends" in any way (God, no). Just trying to explain a cultural difference.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    All the previous things said + the fact that Asian culture is a little bit different... people sometimes LOL@thestereotypes... but there is a lot of pressure to be the best Asian we can be.
  • Gracelenamethyst
    Options
    H!

Your weight loss goal is a little on the low side. As taunto has mentioned, looking at body fat% is a much better way to go and doing some strength training can really help with keeping to a healthy weight but looking 'tight and firm'. I understand that you may have a small frame and that there is cultural pressure to be very slim, but if you are 'firm', you should feel much more comfortable to wear tight clothes.

Your goal weight is in the underweight category per the BMI. Now, the BMI is not that good for individuals as it uses a sample population as its base, and you may not fall in the parameters for that with your frame, but it is an indicator that your goal weight may be too low. This is why using body fat % is a much better assessment, as it a better indicator of how lean you are.

ETA: I checked out your blog and I am not trying to be mean here or anything, but if the meal plan you have on it is what you are eating, that is just not enough for an active young woman. Please do not sacrifice your health trying to lose weight too quickly. You really do not have to eat that little to lose body fat.

Thank you very much for your concern.. :D I love to be criticized.. :) so according to you, what meal plan and workout should I do ??
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    wow if your friends called you fat 116 , i wonder what they would call me - ELEPHANT ? hahha
  • Gracelenamethyst
    Options
    wow if your friends called you fat 116 , i wonder what they would call me - ELEPHANT ? hahha

I think They are influenced by the perfect image of korean girlbands nowadays.. I don't understand them...
  • Warchortle
    Options
    I weigh 165 but my BF is still higher than I want it to be. I need to cut down to 150 and and start going back up. Probably going to try to hit 175-180 over the course of a year and a half and see... Weight isn't a good measure of health or physique.

I wish I was heavier and a lower body fat %.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    H!

Thank you very much for your concern.. :D I love to be criticized.. :) so according to you, what meal plan and workout should I do ??

Do you have access to a gym?
  • Warchortle
    Options
    H!

40%/40%/20%
    Carbs / Protein / Fats
    I don't know your BMR but you could just eat at maintenance and see how you feel. I'd start doing 2 days a week compound lifts and maybe 2 other days you could just add some sort of fun cardio you enjoy, dancing, rollerblading, ninja fighting.. etc.

I think if you put on some lean muscle mass and even stayed the same weight you could still get the physique you're looking for without having to cut your calories down.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    they are not your friends.