How can you "not like breakfast?"

Options

Replies

• kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have to eat within about 60-90 minutes of getting up (sometimes more, sometimes less depending on what I'm doing) or else I start to feel really light-headed and weak. So I never ever ever skip breakfast. Sometimes, if I wake up late, I'll have breakfast more around the time of lunch, but I still usually have breakfast type foods. That said, I also love any and all breakfast foods and could eat breakfast for every meal of the day. All day breakfast every day? Yes please. :)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    i'm not hungry first thing in the morning. i'm hungry at night. therefore i leave my calories for later

This. This has also helped me find an extra 1/2 hour of sleep in the morning normally spent cooking breakfast.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I only like a few breakfast foods. Mostly bacon and biscuits, which I would usually rather have later in the day. Also, I work early in the morning, and sometimes I'm just too lazy.
  • shutterbug21
    shutterbug21 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the best meal of the day with the best foods....mmm Oatmeal, scrambled eggs, whole grain toast and peanut butter...coffee, green tea! I wake up everyday excited to eat breakfast.
  • shutterbug21
    shutterbug21 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have to eat within about 60-90 minutes of getting up (sometimes more, sometimes less depending on what I'm doing) or else I start to feel really light-headed and weak. So I never ever ever skip breakfast. Sometimes, if I wake up late, I'll have breakfast more around the time of lunch, but I still usually have breakfast type foods. That said, I also love any and all breakfast foods and could eat breakfast for every meal of the day. All day breakfast every day? Yes please. :)

Breakfast for any meal of the day? Yes Please.
  • CoffeeLaceAddict157
    Options
    Sometimes I like breakfast, but only if I wake up around noon lol. I can never eat right when I wake up or too early in the morning :P
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I have to force myself to eat anything before 3pm. I don't like breakfast or lunch. Just because one person loves it........well you get the rest. I grew up poor, like really poor. So poor that MILK was a treat, and lunch was usually a jam sandwich..... nothing more. So poor that new shoes, needed badly, were xmas presents...a once a year treat.

So I guess I grew up not needing to love it or need it. I didn't get fat or underweight from not having it. Now I still dont NEED it. I'm not hungry I've got no reason to eat.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal. So, it's really hard to understand why people don't like breakfast. I went on a date with a girl that told me she hated breakfast. I never called her after that date. True story.

Lol! I ditched a guy who preferred smoothies to eggs for breakfast (not just for that, but it was a [correct] sign he was way too spartan for me).

To the coffee-lovers who aren't eating breakfast and feel they should: caffeine's an appetite suppressant, maybe wait til after some toast or something.

And yeah I'd have breakfast for every meal if it made sense.
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast, but I am another who can't eat first thing after waking up. I need to wait at least an hour or two before eating. I typically have just my oatmeal for breakfast...which I LOVE :) But I also will occasionally indulge in some bacon, eggs, beans, toast...or pancakes (banana) with maple syrup and bacon. Or a great big omelet stuffed with cheese veggies. The only thing I don't like for breakfast is plain cereal....it always makes me more hungry in less than an hour.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    I wake up everyday excited to eat breakfast.

yep! this. helps motivate me to hop up outta bed at the *kitten* crack of dawn when my alarm goes off. and fuels my morning runs. having said that, because i do love breakfast so much, i make sure to wake up with an hour or two to chill and digest before embarking on my aforementioned runs.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    And yeah I'd have breakfast for every meal if it made sense.

...i don't understand why it doesn't "make sense". if you enjoy b'fast foods that much, wth not eat them for every meal..? food is food is food..
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I like breakfast food. Breakfast is the absolute best. Could eat that stuff all the time (and I do!).

But as for timing? Hell no. Can't do it, for the most part. Two or so hours post wakeup, regardless of the time I wake? If I ingest something, body's going to puke it right back up.

Edit: after reading more replies here, kind of relieved to see I'm not the only one who gets this way. Does anyone know why this happens?
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It depends. Sometimes (like this morning) I eat at 9am, other days I don't eat till like 2pm without even realizing it. I do like breakfast foods though! Waffles, bacon, eggs...mmm!
  • MouseFood
    MouseFood Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Morning is the only time of day that I often do not want food. I have an eating disorder, so normally I'mthinking about food, and wanting to eat it, ALL the time... but in the morning, I'm not that awake. I hate waking up. takes me ages to get going ...

I will EAT breakfast, but only to boost my metabolism. I eat 4-6 small meals a day rather than 3 big ones. I almost NEVER eat more than 200 calories for breakfast, and it's usually closer to 150. I just don't want that much food in the morning.
  • laceymcmath
    Options
    I love everything about breakfast.
    For whatever reason, I usually wake up hungry, so I'm excited to eat.
    And I love breakfast food. Restaurants like Denny's where you can order breakfast any time of day make me SUPER happy.
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast, it's my favourite meal of the day.

The only trouble is - as soon as i eat it I'm a ticking time bomb of three-hourly hunger for the rest of the day.

So I eat it as late as possible now - between 10-11am usually.
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I don't hate breakfast. I thoroughly enjoy breakfast. It just makes me sad, sometimes. I'm Texan and the Southern Boy in me wants to have buiscuits and sausage gravy, two eggs over easy, maybe some hashbrowns (to mix the yolk with most of the time), and then some bacon, sausage, or ham. Maybe throw in a stack of pancakes. Can't eat that and stay within my calories. I just don't exercise enough for that! LOL

I almost always eat breakfast, though. I don't want to binge eat during the day and a bowl of cereal usually helps keep me from freaking out, especially after a good run.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I wake up hungry - couldnt cope without it! :)
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love 'breakfast foods', but eating in the morning when I get up makes me nauseous. I have to force myself to do it and almost always regret it.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I eat breakfast at about 8 am everyday. But most days I get up at 6 to work out, and I don't eat anything before that. Non-workout days are more like 7, but I still wait to eat until after I've showered and gotten ready, so it's still more like an hour after I get up. I would be starving by 10 if I didn't eat, especially on workout days. I alternate between smoothies, eggs, oatmeal and sometimes just a hodge podge of whatever I feel like eating. A couple days ago I had cottage cheese, some strawberries, and a wasa cracker with laughing cow cheese.