cheap/easy weight loss diet?

Options
124»

Replies

• hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    There are lots of things you can do that don't involve cooking, or peanut butter sandwiches and ensure.

Make other types of sandwiches like ham and swiss. Deli meat, cheese and lettuce add a lot more then just PB does, plus you get some variety. You can buy rotisserie chicken and cut it up to make sandwiches, eat on its own or top salads. Bagged salads are easy (or make your own, salads don't need to be cooked) Fruit and veggies, canned tuna and salmon, cereal with fruit, you can snack on nuts and dried fruits, crackers and cheese with ham/turkey/whatever. Greek yogurt and granola, smoothies (not technically cooking)

And if you can handle some cooking, like heating up soup, then more options open up. Honestly though, you're going to have a hard time going the rest of your life not knowing how to cook at all, and eating is going to get very very boring. Invest in a crockpot, if you follow a recipe its pretty hard to mess up.
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    ... who actually tried to help with your problem.

Sorry but I think the problem is not cooking! We are trying to help by encouraging him to learn. It's not a radical concept but how people all around the world stay alive. :smile:
  • TravelBunnyGirl
    Options
    that cake looks amazing! YUM
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    if you own a microwave, start with that first! You can cook A LOT of things in it! Potatoes/sweet potatoes/pumpkin are good carb choices and all they need is a few minutes! If you'd like then add some salt/low cal stuff to spice it up! Rice can be cooked in a microwave too! Scrambled eggs. Even meat! Though lower fat ones are recommended or they will 'explode' and make popping sounds and make a mess inside your microwave..

Make google your best friend. You can literally google stuff like 'I really can't cook so where should I start'... Or youtube if you're a videos person!

Also, you can always cook one week's worth of food, and then portion (refrigerate/freeze) and eat accordingly! Saves the stress of having to cook everyday! Cut up some veg, have some healthy dip (hummus guacamole yoghurt), some nuts, fruits.. Healthy snacks! Small portion of cereal with milk, healthy bread with deli meat/tuna, lettuce, tomato,onions,eggs etc and you have a nutritious sandwich (better than pb all the time!)

Once you're comfortable, start with stir fry! They are arguably the easiest to cook! Non stick pan, oil spray/some oil, heat, in goes your sliced/minced meat til the pink raw color turns, add some chopped up veg, sauce of choice, or simply some salt and pepper/spices and bam! Google!!!

Good luck!
  • reala728
    reala728 Posts: 31
    Options
    sorry for the bump, but i tried the microwave stuff for about a week and didnt really see any results.
    but then i started cooking low complexity meals (spaghetti, chicken tacos, omelets) and i've actually lost 4 pounds since two weeks ago! i may not be making the best decisions like using fresh fruit and vegetables regularly, but this small step is already showing a BIG impact.

so, for anyone who stumbles across this thread with the same question i had, just bite the bullet and cook some easy meals. i googled just about everything, even tonight's meal. so if its possible for me its definitely possible for anyone.

also, a side note: though i dont use the freshest ingredients, i try the healthiest. for example, tonights meal was essentially chicken fried rice. but i used brown rice, a fresh onion, canned (mixed) veggies and fresh cut chicken from the local meat market. everything was done stovetop with light butter, no oil whatsoever.
  • ang3li
    ang3li Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey Reala728.

Just realised you made another post. Great to hear you have lost 4 pounds.

It is not hard cooking steak / chicken / fish on a pan. Little bit of oil, and then just slap it on the pan. You can microwave some frozen vegetables, and roast sweet potato.

Try cutting out all breads and pastas. You will lose loads more weight!
  • reala728
    reala728 Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey Reala728.

Just realised you made another post. Great to hear you have lost 4 pounds.

It is not hard cooking steak / chicken / fish on a pan. Little bit of oil, and then just slap it on the pan. You can microwave some frozen vegetables, and roast sweet potato.

Try cutting out all breads and pastas. You will lose loads more weight!
    thanks for the tip. ironically those were my original go-to's since they were simple. even in moderation i didnt notice any change so that makes sense. haha live and learn right?
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    To cook successfully you need to:
    Have a recipe
    Have all the ingredients
    Have the required utensils/tools
    Follow the directions
    Use a timer