30 Day Shred Results??

Options
Thinking of doing the 30 day shred, just in between going to the gym - has anyone had any good results from this? What level did you do etc?

Replies

• shortstuff17
    shortstuff17 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    im thinking of doing the same thing...any idea how many calories it burns?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It depends what the result is that you're looking for. It's a great fitness program and you'll find some muscles you didn't know you had but your weight loss will be a lot more about your food intake.

The calories burned will depend on you. Age, sex, weight plus the effort you put into it will all make a different number for different people. A lot of people log it as circuit training.
  • lizgemini
    lizgemini Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I only heard about this yesterday and jumped straight in and started it today. I read loads of blogs and forums about it and it seems your more likely to lose inches rather than actual weight. However as long as you combine it with a sensible diet you'll lose weight as well. Just google 30 day shred blogs/ forums you'll find loads, including an old thread on her.
    Good luck if you decide to do it!
  • Smamfa
    Smamfa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Im restarting the dvd today. Aiming to do it 5 days a week plus a run and a swim at the gym. Will start with Level 1, I tried Level 2 once the last time I was doing 30DS and it hurt my back - might do half Level 1 and then see what type of exercises Level 3 has?
  • khemory
    khemory Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im restarting today as well, what are you guys logging it as???
  • rc322
    rc322 Posts: 22
    Options
    I started level three today which is by far the hardest!!!!! I wear a heart rate monitor during and I burn about 120-140. Level 1 was more towards 120, and level 3 is around 140-150...it is rough at level 3!!! I have seen a difference in my arms mostly, but level 3 seems as if my tummy will get the most of this level!!! good luck!!
  • rc322
    rc322 Posts: 22
    Options
    And I log it as circuit training
  • EpicMeyri
    EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you go to Jillian's website she has the calculations on how much you burn on 30ds.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and did not lose a lot of weight but lost a lot of inches. It is has been so long I dont really remember how many but I know I looked and felt great. I want to do it again but this home is hard wood floors on cement foundation and even with a thick mat and shoes on it was to much impact for my old bones lol. Maybe when I move
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I like her ripped in 30 better. starting week 3 today. i log it as general circuit training.
  • Dfracassa
    Dfracassa Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm starting level 3 today -- took yesterday off -- and I really dig it. Level 2 kicked my *kitten*, but level 1 gave me results in a week. I think. I haven't lost any weight, and I am holding off on measuring myself until it's all over, but I have bought like 4 pairs of skinny jeans and I have definitely noticed a difference, in the mirror. My fiance has, too, and so have my coworkers. My scrubs are hanging off me! It's a great work out, so do it!

Ooh, also, you can join our group, Ripped in April, for people who are finishing 30DS and are going to jump right into her other DVD.
  • donna710
    donna710 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I just bought The Shred book today ... my sister was interested in it and asked me to do it with her. I'm looking to lose maybe 10 lbs. I'm interested in what foods it recommends and the types of exercise. Currently I only do zumba so I'm guessing I'm going to have to kick it up a notch with cardio and weights. We'll see how it goes!
  • Lisa_licious
    Options
    Calculator on how to find out how many cals burned for 30DS.

http://www.calories-burned.buddyslim.com/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred/

Good luck all!
  • fairie_marie
    Options
    I do it about 3 days a week and I am loosing about an inch on my waist a week and about a 1/2 inch on my abs aka muffin top a week. I wish I could do it more often but due to a wackey work schedule I don't have time to do so...
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    The only way to accurately calculate calories burnt is to wear a heart rate monitor...it depends so much on your size...

I'm 5'2 and when I did Shred the first time, I was 159lbs. I burned between 200 - 280kcal per workout. By the end of 30DS, I had lost 11lbs and I was only burning about 220kcal per workout.

Careful not to overestimate your burn especiall if you are religiously counting your calories...

And yes, you can get results but you also have to eat well. I was on 1200kcal for 30 days and had cut out alcohol.

Good luck!
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    It's a very good dvd to start with and you will definitely see results. Make sure you measure yourself before you start, because it will change your body. Remember you can always double up and triple up on them once you get stronger and burn even more calories since they're only 20ish mins long.
  • meidie1980
    meidie1980 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am on day 9 just now and i am loving it!

I burn between 300 and 330 calories but that really depents on how heavy etc you are.
  • shortstuff17
    Options
    If you go to Jillian's website she has the calculations on how much you burn on 30ds.

sweet! thanks!
  • shortstuff17
    Options
    Calculator on how to find out how many cals burned for 30DS.

http://www.calories-burned.buddyslim.com/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred/

Good luck all!

awesome! thanks!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I am starting it tonight. But it is my primary form of exercise. I log it as circuit training, it shows around 270 calories. Going by my HRM I burn around 330 or so. For MFP purposes I just count the 270 as net calories to be safe.

This will be my second time doing the shred. I finished it, then did Ripped in 30. I like the shred better so I am doing it again.

Last time I did 30 DS, I lost 6 lbs and 10 inches. On the RIn30, I did 4 lbs, and about 6 inches.

I'm hoping that I will have good results this time also.