Time to say Good-Bye to MFP

Options
:smile: This, to me, is a very happy farewell to MFP.

On October 1 I began my "get fit" "weight loss" journey. MFP was a very crucial part of that. As of today, I have gone from a weight of 185, not being able to run 2 feet, to a weight of 117, and now on my way to running a half marathon on May 5. I have made so many lifestyle changes that I feel the time is right to start living life. By this I mean, I really feel I am no longer on a diet as the changes I have made to my diet is how I eat now. I have to be able to live life not on a diet to prove to myself that I really did do it. I honestly feel I have the tools in place to be successful. I have maintained my goal weight now for about 6 weeks (even lost a few) , I need to remove the "crutches" and go....

I know this will not be easy but am completely confident I can do it.

So, thank you MFP!

Replies

• squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Happy next part of your journey :bigsmile:
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Even though I did not know you am kind of sad but I understand take care and I wish you all the best.
  • hexspinner
    hexspinner Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You don't need luck so I won't wish it. You did this all without it! Persistence has led you to your goal and lead to life changing results. Congratulations of getting rid of the "crutches"!
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You are an inspiration! Best wishes to you:flowerforyou:
  • shirdiana
    shirdiana Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Big Congratulations! That is an awesome story, and it inspires me to continue on my journey! Thank you for sharing!:happy:
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Well done on your success.
  • theedge56
    theedge56 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Diet - food and drink regularly provided or consumed

We are all on a diet every day, some are just more healty than others.
  • caseye98
    caseye98 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So awesome. I hope to get there one day. :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Kickass. Enjoy life!
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    You did this, not MFP. There wasn't 1000 people following you around, telling you what to eat and making you workout. You and you alone made it happen. Be proud of that!!!

But I know what you mean, as MFP has been very helpful to me also. Keep up the great work and enjoy the next phase!
  • EasterKingston
    EasterKingston Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Happy graduation, or independence day! :D You've come a long way, I hope you feel every bit as proud of yourself as you have a right to be. Fantastic work!
  • Megatoine
    Megatoine Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Go enjoy life!!!!
  • JanieElise
    JanieElise Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would love to see your before and after pics! Good Luck!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!