365 days on MFP- My Journey- with pics!

Options
marieautumn
marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
I joined MFP at the suggestion of a friend who had recently joined. I had been trying for years to be healthier and make better lifestyle choices. I was a single mother raising a little boy, working 55-60 hours a week, going to school and maintaining a household all by myself. My own personal health definitely took a back seat because it was easier to make the wrong choices rather than to exercise and count calories. I would go to the gym once, walk on the treadmill for 15 minutes and not go again for 2 months.
When I joined MFP I figured “ok, we’ll see how long before I give up on this too” but I realized counting calories was easier than I expected. I also started going to the gym and realized that I actually LIKED working out. (shocker!) I was hooked pretty fast.
When I first started working out, I couldn’t last on the elliptical machine for 5 minutes, slowly but surely I worked at it and now I feel like the elliptical is too easy! It may be a small victory to most, but I NEVER thought I would be able to master that machine.
Now I work out 5 days a week and my work outs usually consist of 30-90 minutes of cardio, where my heart rate is between 156-170 per my heart rate monitor. I eat 1200 net calories and yes, I eat dessert almost every night. (160 cals of ice cream)
I have learned what works for my body, and while I am striving to improve my physical fitness everyday, I am finally happy with what I have accomplished. My views on fitness have completed changed over these past 365 days and I would recommend MFP to anyone and everyone.

Before:
before3.jpg
After:
pp1pg.jpg
Before:
before2.jpg
After:
after1.jpg
Before:
before1.jpg
After:
after2.jpg

Replies

• fitmelinda7
    fitmelinda7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You look great...you have great fashion sense too..your clothes really accent all the hard work you put in! :) I'm so glad you have been able to do something for yourself...being a a mom is hard work...let alone being a hard working single mom! :) Good for you! :)

I'm still figuring out what works for me. MFP has been a blessing...because I have a good tool to gauge everything by! Take care!
  • leanotebogo
    Options
    wow ... AWSOME, thanks for this sooooo motivating
  • Marie_25
    Marie_25 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look great. Its' hard work raising a family and easy to 'overlook' ourselves. Well done. x
  • sabineliebling
    Options
    Well I think you looked pretty dang good before too! Congratulations on your achievements and getting fit! You look fantastic and healthy. :)
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story....you look amazing!!!
  • Wattyz
    Wattyz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations! Your hard work has paid off.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Great progress! You kicked butt!
  • Amellej
    Amellej Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You look great:smile:
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    ^5 on your progress. You look fantastic!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!