Stretch marks D:

Options
So, today I noticed, I have quite a lot of stretch marks on my inner thigh. Now, I've never been over weight in my life. I've never been on the top half of healthy bmi either. I've never gained weight very quickly, only lost kind of quickly. I don't see why I got them :c Does anyone else have stretch marks? Are they a normal thing to have? Will they go away?

Replies

• DancingDreams1234
    Options
    I have them too, they are totally normal. You get them a-lot during your teenage years, as it's from rapid growth and your skin must stretch. I believe you can buy special oils to get rid of them, many of my friends have them on their hips and thighs.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    It's part of growing up. You grow. Happens with weight gain, weight loss and normal body growth as part of puberty.
  • NatashaB8
    NatashaB8 Posts: 202
    Options
    How tall are you?

I have a LOT of stretchmarks, mainly behind my knees, back of my arms, my sides and thighs. I am 6ft and had my growth spurt over a couple of years which I think accounts for most of my stretch marks.

I have been on the chubby side but never overweight however this could have added to them as they have only started to fade as I have lost the weight. They will not go away completely but will fade to a silvery colour until you hardly notice them anymore. They still annoy me but its just life I guess, sadly!

Buy Bio Oil or Cocoa Butter and rub that over them. I have used both and it helps them to fade. I hope this has helped.
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you lose wright too quickly you can get them along with lots of other scenarios. I have them on my legs too (and all over my stomach from being pregnant but that's another matter). The ones on my legs happened when I hit puberty and my thighs got bigger pretty quickly. I wasn't fat at all but that's what caused it. They will not go away but will fade a lot in time. Creams, gels, lotions, etc wont help so just be patient or pay for laser treatment :) honestly you can only see mine if you're looking for them. It will be ok :flowerforyou:

Edited for typos
  • jazzii98
    jazzii98 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm only 5'5 :$
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I was a very skinny teenager but got them on my inner thighs from normal puberty growth. Any oil will help.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    The more weight I lose, I've noticed that the more prominent mine have become, but make no mistake they've been here this whole time (I find the fact they're more prominent to be odd considering that I'm losing as I just went down another pants size lol.)

I can say however, that cocoa butter really helps lessening their appearance if you commit to a consistent regimen.

Palmer's cocoa butter is the best imo :)

http://www.amazon.com/Palmers-Cocoa-Butter-Formula-Vitamin/dp/B0009F3O8Q

**Edit: The aforementioned lotion is what I prefer to use, but they (Palmer's) do make lotion specifically for stretch marks. This company makes such a fantastic lotion, that I don't doubt that the stretch mark one is nothing short of phenomenal.
  • kcan23
    kcan23 Posts: 1
    Options
    Completely normal. I noticed them in my inner thighs around 15 years old and i was 5'4, 110 lbs back then. By the time I graduated I had them on my outer thighs and above my butt and weighed 117 when I graduated high school, thats what happens when you get hips. So it doesnt matter how much you weigh or how fit you are. Everyones skin type is different and some people get them and some people dont. Mederma makes a skin cream to help minimize the appearance of them.