Food Addiction

Options
So I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that this may be me. I have never been to an OA or FA meeting, and I feel like maybe I would be looked at as an outcast becuase I am not terribly overweight but I cannot control what I eat. It is very shameful that this is the case, I mean its food! How can I sit here and say, I have no control over what I eat. I am looking for people with a similar issue, who want to be friends. I need someone I can post to and say " Holy ****, I want chocolate covered peanuts so bad" and who will understand that this is a HUGE deal/dilemma, becuase you can eat a whole bag/box in one sitting! I am looking for some tips, because I think that "Everything in moderation" isnt for me. I clearly can't do monderation....

Replies

• purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    That would be me. I am going to add you. I am ashamed to say that I do not have any control either. I always start the day with the best intentions but something just happens and I have no control. Its like I don't even realize what or how much I am eating. Since December I have gained about 30 pounds. I'm too scared to weigh myself to see the actual number. All I know is none of my clothes fit.
  • nsanville
    nsanville Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That would be me. I am going to add you. I am ashamed to say that I do not have any control either. I always start the day with the best intentions but something just happens and I have no control. Its like I don't even realize what or how much I am eating. Since December I have gained about 30 pounds. I'm too scared to weigh myself to see the actual number. All I know is none of my clothes fit.

I have been struggling with the same 5ish pounds, up and down. It seems like i do really well, then I either get out of work late and am so starving, while I am cooking dinner, I am housing a box of wheat thins! A whole box. While cooking. Eating while waiting to eat. then when something throws me off, I think oh well, I screwed up so I will just have an ice cream sundae, and then tomorrow I will get back at it.. Then the next day comes, and its the same thing.. or I will do SOO good all week, then the weekend comes, and we go out to dinner with friends, and i eat like its my job...