Questions for the Coffee Drinkers....

Options

Replies

• amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of coffee. Probably 4 to 5 cups per day. Either black, or with skim milk (a splash - measured out it's 1/4 cup per 14 oz of coffee). I add them both in my food tracking every day. The milk is the only milk that I drink during the day and is a good small dose of calcium.

I'd even dare say the coffee has *helped* me because I drink it instead of reaching for sweetened tea or diet soda. I'd also be a raging hag without it.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    BTW...I don't believe the myth that we need 8 glasses of pure water a day. There is plenty of evidence to the contrary. If my urine is pale yellow to clear I know I'm adequately hydrated. Coffee and other things keep me that way.

Good luck.:smile:
  • finallystrong2012
    Options
    I replaced traditional creamer and sugar with coconut milk creamer and stevia and I make sure to measure and count how much creamer I use on a daily basis :smile:
  • Macdeafdog
    Macdeafdog Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27 lbs so far, and drink two big cups a day. I use a 1/2 cup of plain almond milk in each cup.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    60 pounds gone, drinking coffee every single day. I drink between half a pot and a full pot each day, and add just a little non-dairy creamer (this I picked up from my grandma) to just lighten the color a shade. I don't add sugar or sweetener, it just doesn't taste right to me.
    Occasionally I get a concoction from Starbucks, but its few and far between. I will indulge in the Salted Caramel mocha's during the holidays, though!

The coffee isn't the issue, its all of the stuff thats added to it that racks up the calories.

My mom was telling me about some people that go to a diner her friends own, and uses up 15-20 little creamers in just two cups of coffee. I didn't believe her until i saw it myself. I thought they were drinking milk from their coffee cups, but no, it was all of the creamer cups in the little bowl put on the table. It was truly gross, and even worse they gave it to their two small kids.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I have always been a heavy coffee drinker, and the worst part was that I hated making coffee at home so I would buy 2-3 medium iced coffees from dunkin donuts PER DAY... I cut that down to one per day, and actually last Sunday I cut out caffeiene completely. No caffeinated sodas, no coffee other than decaf. Now I am not even drinking coffee every day.

I say drink it if you make room in your calories for any additions such as cream and sugar. I personally use half and half and splenda so the calories are minimal. However, I am feeling 1000000000% better without the caffeiene addiction!
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I can go through an entire pot in a day. I quit smoking, I quit wheat, I quit sugar. Take away my coffee and people are going to get hurt.

You and me both, sister. I have given up all of those things, too.

Somebody once asked me how I can still drink coffee without smoking.

I was like, "If I had to give up coffee along with cigarettes there would be cigarette smoke coming out of my mouth during this sentence."

Amen to that!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I just LOVE coffee ...... all different kinds ..... sometimes black, sometimes with a little 1% milk, no sweetener .......

They'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands :bigsmile:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I love coffee. I don't drink it by the pot anymore like I did when I was in my twenties, I just can't do that and sleep, but I still have a mug or two every morning, and sometimes on a chilly evening will make a pot of decaf just to enjoy the flavor. I like creamer in mine....and budget calories so I can have some. If someone wants to give me something I really love...a pound of Jamaica Blue Mountain and I will be your slave forever.....
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut my coffee consumption. I just cut the amount of sugar.
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm a latte/cappuccino girl. I've lost weight still drinking those things, even with regular full-sugar sweeteners (though I've always preferred skim milk). I make it fit into my diary, it gets added every morning without even thinking about it.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 to 6 cups every day. I always put cream and either splenda or sugar depending on the day. It has not hurt my weightloss at all. I just log it in my diary. Black coffee has little to no calories so it shouldn't have a negative effect on your weightloss.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i drink 2-3 per day and I drink it black

i'm looking good i think ;)
  • sunnyinaz78
    Options
    I've learned to enjoy the flavor of coffee without all the "junk". I take mine with stevia and take advantage by putting a little clear metamucil fiber in the morning and cinnamon. I need the caffeine fix!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 36 oz (3 - 12oz cups) of coffee. I drink my coffee w/ 2 measured tsp sugar and 1 measured tbsp whole milk with each cup. My total daily coffee habit is 129 cals, 27 carbs, 0 protein and 3 fat.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every day. I used to put sugar and creamer, but now I add almond milk and Stevia. Just as good with WAY less sugar and calories!

I will sometimes splurge on a Saturday and get a non-fat vanillia latte. Not very often, about once a month or so.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Wondering if anyone here has tried making Bulletproof Coffee and if they like it? You blenderize coffee with organic butter and some cocoanut oil...supposed to be really great for you as well as tasty. Anyone?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffe with milk and vanilla milkshake protein powder instead of sugar. Blend it with a hand whisker from IKEA for $3. If it's really frothy it passes for a latte (I used to have lots of Starbucks vanilla lattes until I came up with this substitute).

I get my protein, reduce the sugar, and stay satsified :) and have lost inches and weight.

Will have to try this - thanks
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I drink 4-6 cups a day. DRINK ALL THE COFFEEZ!!!!11!!!11>!!!!!1
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Yes I have continuously drunk coffee through mine and lost 14lbs alone since January.
    I have normal milk with mine and no sugar. I drink maximum 4 cups a day, but I've lowered it to 1-2 cups a day now as it was giving me the shakes, haha.