Fish

Options
Anyone else tired of articles and health information that constantly tries to shove fish down your throat? And if one more person says I'm not cooking it right I may scream. Have tried all kinds, white fish, shell fish, salmon, bass, trout, shark, tuna, cooked by some of the best cooks around. Really have tried to like fish, but I just DON'T.

There has got to be a way to eat healthier and get the same benefits without having to "acquire a taste" for foods you don't like.

I'm done whining now...any ideas?

Replies

• SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Some people just don't like fish. I love it! I prefer it over any other type of meat. My boyfriend however will not go anywhere near anything that came out of the sea. Nope. Nadda. Not going to happen. Whether it's my cooking, his cooking, his mom's cooking, or 5 star restaurant he will not eat it.
  • RemiLynn79
    RemiLynn79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I hate fish as well! The only kind I can eat is Tuna with a lot of Miracle Whip in it or breaded popcorn shrimp dipped in butter. I think it stinks.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you don't like fish, don't eat fish. No problem. I think it's disgusting and I'm 55 and still kicking.
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm a picky eater and I like fish but not all types and I don't care for most meats like chicken or red meats (i love bacon of course haha) so I don't worry about it, I make sure to get enough protein from sources I do like and you should too!
  • 2wheelgypsy
    Options
    Thanks, I'm with you!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    If you like eggs, you can buy pastured eggs that have higher omega 3 ratios. I'm picky with my fish too.
  • outscore23
    outscore23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This is great! I too struggle with thinking I should be eating more fish but can't stand the smell or taste. I am glad to hear I am not alone. Does anyone know, does substituting Fish Oil pills make a difference?
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I like most commercial fish and also bass, crappie, bluegill, catfish, white bass, hybrid striped bass, striped bass and trout that I've caught and cleaned myself.

Fresh fish that comes out of the peanut oil less than 2 hours after swimming is the best...

I love plain canned salmon straight out of the can.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

don't eat fish
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

don't eat fish

^This
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fish either!

BUT!

I rather enjoy going fishin!
  • Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options
    "Ideas?"- yea, if you don't enjoy fish then you will only burn yourself out. Just eat chicken and take fish oil pills. Problem solved. Fish are healthy however. Can you at least do tuna sandwiches or casserole?
  • JessyJ03
    JessyJ03 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    The only thing I eat out of the sea is a fish stick if that counts lol
  • Kurtiemon
    Options
    I've never been a fish person but try this......buy tilapia fillets, soak them in milk for about 10 minutes. This gets any fishy smell/taste out. Place the fillets on tin foil, melt a small amount of butter and drizzle on top, squeeze lemon juice on it and then top off with some dill. Place a second piece of foil on top and fold over - tent the fish. After preheating over to 400 degrees, place tin package in oven on rack for about 20 minutes. I top it off with some capers and its great! No fish smell or taste!
  • humanismu
    humanismu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This is great! I too struggle with thinking I should be eating more fish but can't stand the smell or taste. I am glad to hear I am not alone. Does anyone know, does substituting Fish Oil pills make a difference?

I second this question!
  • Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options

I second this question!

Short answer -no.

Fish has a myriad of nutritional benefits; Especially calorie to nutrition. However, fish oil pills can help gain many of the health benefits that most people miss out on. I couldn't cite all of this in one post. I'd suggest searching essential fatty acids.