30 day shred

Options
wow just bought the 30 day shred dvd and finished level 1.. did pretty good for the first time had to stop 3 times for a few seconds during the first set of cardio but hung in there with the rest.. anyhow my ? is how do i log this as my exercise? and also how long did you guys do this before seeing results???? and how long till i move of to level 2 a few weeks or longer? please tell me its less than a month lol !! i have done hip hop abs and kettle bells with slow results and started the 200 sit-up, 100 push up and 200 crunch challange 3 weeks ago and am getting stronger but im not sure how to log that correctly either.. any suggestions???:flowerforyou: thanks for everyones help!!!

Replies

• jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    kinda depends on how often you do it. It took me 3 months to feel comfortable before I moved to level 2 but I only did it once a week -sometimes 2x. And as far as calories - thats been discussed on these boards before and its pretty individual - you might want to get a heart rate monitor but I burned 160 on level one and 220 and level 2 but some ladies on here burned considerably more. Have fun - Jililan is pretty hard *kitten* :-)
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I log it as circuit traning.

I am still on lvl 1... started June 1st, about to go to lvl 2... I don't do it every day, maybe 3x a week..

just move up when you think you can handle it.
  • JudyQ
    JudyQ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I do it usually 2 times a week and it really kicks. I am on level 2, I did level one only about 3 times. Figured I could handle that and moved up. I am still on level 2 a month later - she really kicks my butt. It seems that this system does not give you much for it because it is only 20 minutes. I log it as High Impact Aerobics. I think it is o.k. to try the next one and then go back if it is too hard. For me, the level 2 was better - I liked the exercises more...JudyQ
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I started on May 15th (I think) but had to take 2 weeks off due to an injury! I started back again 10 days ago and have been alternating between level 2 and level 3 (day 3 of level 3 today...YIKES) I'm going to continue alternating for the next 20 days and get the full 30 days in! Sometimes I do 2 a day if i'm feeling ambitious! :noway:

I log mine as 20 minutes of circuit training although many people have reported very different readings from HRM, so It is a good suggestion to purchase a HRM (I've asked my boyfriend for one for my birthday...lol)

Some people do 10 days of level 1, 10 days of level 2 and then finish with 10 days of level 3. You will find as you progress through the workouts that your resistance will greatly increase...it is very surprising!

Others, like myself...move up a level when they feel ready for an extra bit of a challenge! Others just use it as a general workout to use now and again! There are plenty of groups here on MFP...so join one and share your progress with others! :flowerforyou:

One little thing...the knee circles come up in level 1 and level 3 and many physiotherapists have advised people that these are more harmful than beneficial for the knees. I replace these with neck circles which are introduced in level 2 :flowerforyou:
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Ok First off, I log the sit-up challenge as calisthnetics (vigorous effort).
    As for the shred, what I have done is 10 times on level 1, Your suppose to do ten consecutive days level1, ten on level2 and ten on level3... 30 days! I do multiple different workouts so I don't know if it's a combo of them all working but I started noticing REAL results a little over a week ago at the end of level 1 begining of level2!

Good luck girl!! :) It is defenitly a GREAT workout!!
  • size7again
    size7again Posts: 81
    Options
    Ok First off, I log the sit-up challenge as calisthnetics (vigorous effort).
    As for the shred, what I have done is 10 times on level 1, Your suppose to do ten consecutive days level1, ten on level2 and ten on level3... 30 days! I do multiple different workouts so I don't know if it's a combo of them all working but I started noticing REAL results a little over a week ago at the end of level 1 begining of level2!

Good luck girl!! :) It is defenitly a GREAT workout!!

awesome!! thanks for the help with the sit ups and all they are getting easier for the first 2 sets and she KICKED my butt today i did pretty good tho even if it was my first time doing it. i hope i will be seeing results like you did and can post about them as well.. im so excited about it tho lol (crazy i know) and i had hoped that it was like that (10 days each) since its 30 days we are going to the beach in about a month so id love to get rid of these baby fat handles!!!
    and for all the others who have posted here thank you so very much!!:flowerforyou: its good to have info on the whole thing all that i get i am VERY grateful for!!