Odd question

Options
mrphil86
mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
So a buddy (guy) of mine got a tongue piercing. No he's not gay or anything but he says, "The ladies love it and find it sexy." That was his motivation for getting it.

Is this true?! I've always thought it to be weird.

I understand people who love piercings get it, that's fine. But this guy has no other piercings or even a small tattoo.

EDIT: Other than the obvious sexual reasons

Replies

• charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I had my tongue done....and a few years later I took it out...they liked my tongue better
  • Deadra78
    Deadra78 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm not sure why men thing women as a whole like it - it's no different then say a tattoo, or a preference for tall men vs. shorter. It's all up to the woman at hand - me personally - I think it's gross! And I have several tattoos and had peircings when I was younger so it's not that I'm against them at all - just think the idea is IKE! And PS I had my tounge done - again as a KID!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I think they are okay (no preference either way) but they tear up your tooth enamel, and I think teeth are sexy.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I think that piercings are ridiculous.
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    No.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Gross.
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    I think it's dependent on the age of your friend. I had my nose pierced in my early 20's, and it was cute and cool until I kept seeing women my mom's age with their noses pierced as well.
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I think they are hella sexy!
  • BabyCerise
    BabyCerise Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I don't like it ! Tattoos are much better!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    My ex gf had a tongue piercing. And this lady liked it. :)
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of it.., but tattoos are hot
  • shanniebanannie73
    Options
    I'm a dental hygienist and if people were shown pictures of the long-term and painful damage that results - nobody would get them.
  • upnorthmj77
    upnorthmj77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Dont get me wrong...Im all for artistic expression, I have several tatoos myself but have never gotten a piercing, other than traditional ear lobe piercings (as a child). I consider myself quite artistic, but I honestly think some piercings are a bit too much and are kind of gross. And like I said... to each their own in artistic expression, I just think certain piercings (including tongue piercings, horns, lip piercings, under-skin applications, Ear Stretching, etc etc) are a bit too much... and "IMO" they look bad versus attractive. I know they are all the rage with many people, I just think there are much better ways to distinguish yourself or express yourself... Anyhow, I cant comment on the sexual aspect as I havent expirienced that but I think any god-given part, unaltered without metal, would work just fine.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    doesn't float my boat in any way- but I suppose it's not meant to...I mean if a guy pierces his tongue it's for expression/show and a sex thing, I doubt it's so he can find an overweight somewhat dull mumsie person (don't get me wrong-I can rock...it just doesn't show on the packaging) and do his thang!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I've never had any girl tell me my tongue would be better if it was pierced. That glassed over, exhausted look tells me it's just fine.
  • melmargirly
    melmargirly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan.. It ruins your teeth and smile.... Smiles are sexy! Tattoos however, are a different story ;)
  • Lainny21
    Lainny21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Noo..don't get one.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of piercings, but a pierced tongue on a guy just never did anything all that spectacular for me. A Prince Albert on the other hand.... :bigsmile:
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    sounds gay...not that theres anything wrong with that in terms of political discourse or strike getting.
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I think it's dependent on the age of your friend. I had my nose pierced in my early 20's, and it was cute and cool until I kept seeing women my mom's age with their noses pierced as well.

Piercings have an age limit now?