Any Fencing fans out there?

Options
Im starting fencing, the club im joining only does foil but thats fine and provides all the gear for £20 a month with two nights training a week. Ive never done it before but im excited to tive it a go ... just wondering if anyone on here likes fencing, some fencing buddies would be awesome

Replies

• hokers
    hokers Posts: 1
    Options
    Been fencing for a long time now, come and introduce yourself on Fencing Forum if you haven't already.
    http://www.fencingforum.com/forum/forum.php

Hope you stuck with it, I realise this was 7 months ago now, well done for losing 3kg.
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I got into Fencing in October. I just go one night a week with my daughter and I find it to be excellent. We have a really good time and it is a great way to burn calories. I usually find that my shirt is drenched in sweat when I leave. My goal is to keep moving as long as I have the equipment on.
  • the1captain
    the1captain Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I took a fencing class about 5 years ago. Really enjoyed it. But time and money kept me from going further. Too bad over here in Canada and the U.S fencing is not a more popular sport like it is in Europe.
  • sabregrrrl
    Options
    I love fencing so much I married my coach :) We have had our own club for three years and will move to a larger space next month. Fencing isn't huge here in north Texas but it's definitely gaining interest.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am a fan of fencing.

aersqe.jpg

Oh wait.