If you were a Superhero?

Options
2»

Replies

• LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    The power of laughter...making people laugh with a single word... able to turn attitude into chuckles with a funny face...it 's a bird it's a plane it's it's ...oh sh&t it's him again!

...or maybe the power of perfect punctuation... I'd be awesome in the forums

You want to be the Joker? O.O
    :laugh:
  • jennmodugno
    jennmodugno Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Luck.

Think about it - if you're lucky, the bullet would always miss. Or you would get out of the fire unhurt. Or you'd manage to be in the right place at the right time to catch the bad guy.

Luck will always trump any other super power, I think.

First off, I'm a nerd. So I take this stuff very seriously....

Isn't Luck relative? Aren't you lucky if a bullet hits your shoulder or hand instead of your heart?

Depends on what you were trying to accomplish. If your goal is to be stopping the bad guy, presumably your luck would make it so you could do so. At superhuman levels, which to me is what would make Luck a super power, it's reasonable to assume it would stretch so far as to make sure you could continue to BE a superhero. And after that, does it matter that it hit your hand? It's painful, sure, but as long as it's not stopping you, a little pain is manageable.

To me, luck is about being where you need to be when you need to be there, despite the probability of it, or doing what you need to do when you need to do it, or whatever. Always just in time to do what needs doing, and never being completely stopped from doing it.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Luck.

Think about it - if you're lucky, the bullet would always miss. Or you would get out of the fire unhurt. Or you'd manage to be in the right place at the right time to catch the bad guy.

Luck will always trump any other super power, I think.

First off, I'm a nerd. So I take this stuff very seriously....

Isn't Luck relative? Aren't you lucky if a bullet hits your shoulder or hand instead of your heart?

Depends on what you were trying to accomplish. If your goal is to be stopping the bad guy, presumably your luck would make it so you could do so. At superhuman levels, which to me is what would make Luck a super power, it's reasonable to assume it would stretch so far as to make sure you could continue to BE a superhero. And after that, does it matter that it hit your hand? It's painful, sure, but as long as it's not stopping you, a little pain is manageable.

To me, luck is about being where you need to be when you need to be there, despite the probability of it, or doing what you need to do when you need to do it, or whatever. Always just in time to do what needs doing, and never being completely stopped from doing it.

It sounds like a case of the Stone Paradox. Each situation can be seen as lucky with the right perspective. Those situation would ultimately add up to an overall lucky. So, very interesting choice of super power. It's too complex for anybody to be given a straight answer, I think

Can I call you Domino?
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    Were I a superhero, I would want the power of Transformation. That would allow me not only to look any way I want, but also change things from one to another -while trying to keep their fundamental structure. I would clean up the cities of the world, I would potentially cure a few diseases, I would never really produce any garbage (ultimate recycling!), and I would never grow poor or hungry again. Think of it as Alchemy++.
  • jackoninny
    jackoninny Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm not a superhero, but I do have a super power.
    I have the ability to transform any healthy dish into a heart clogging calorie bomb.
    My name is The Volumizer.
    My origin is that I was bitten by a radioactive Paula Deen.