any other not-that-heavy girls trying to lose more weight?

Options
I am 5'7 and 130 lbs, yes I know that is in the healthy range. I am trying to lose more weight for ME. I want to feel better.
any other women trying to lose weight who arent that heavy to begin with?

Replies

• mondee
    mondee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose weight just for me. I have lost 9 so far and just can't get the last 4 or 5 pounds off - so frustrating
  • mebras3775
    mebras3775 Posts: 50
    Options
    I was at 146 and now I am down to 136 but I want to be 125-130. I will feel better about myself. It is more about my measurements. I want to fit into smaller clothing. I an 5'6
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    YEP! I am within my healthy weight range...now. I just have a like 14 lbs that I want to loose to get to the very bottom base of my healthy weight range. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am! Currently I'm at 130 and want to lose about 10 more pounds. For my height that would put me at the bottom base of my healthy weight range. And it would make me feel a lot better!!
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    My happy weight is 120... I was there, now back up to 127 now back to 124 - its a balance now of food and exercise - I have a hard time feeding back in after exercising... But I am working at it...
    I understand the happy weight thing - people love to tell you to eat and gain some weight - when you are perfectly happy...
  • thinsky
    thinsky Posts: 81
    Options
    Yes, I am trying to lose the last 7 pounds that I just put back on. I was at 125 and a little under and that was at the beginning of the month, now I am up some weight and I feel yucky about it. I a, having a really hard time gaining this self control to put my life in check and to maintain the weight loss and to feel better about myself. Just these pounds I put back on have me feeling so yucky and uncomfortable in my own skin. I want to feel and be confident!!!
    Making a commitment to myself right here and now to gain control. and to stop and reverse this weight. I am starting right here, right now.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cookiesdomain
    Options
    My BMI is at the high end of the healthy range. I prefer to be in the middle. That way I am in a single digit clothing size.
  • arobles3231
    arobles3231 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am right there with ya! When I started I was 142.5 and now I am 117.5. I am trying to be 115...these last few are hard to get rid of!! People say I don't need to lose anymore but they don't see me without my clothes on! I have finally lost my baby weight....2 little ones 14 months apart....but I just want to lose a few more.
  • snmonson
    snmonson Posts: 79
    Options
    I am 5'6 and 122 pounds.. trying to get down to whatever weight where I can have abs.. seems almost impossible! Add me as a friend if any of you want to try to work through this and give each other any tips. I can't seem to lose anymore weight :(
  • riannenrings
    riannenrings Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i'm in the healthy range for my height. but i want to be 120! and without handfuls of fat on me still!
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6. When I first joined the site I was 126 pounds (9st) but I have now managed to lose 13lbs putting me at 113lbs and a bmi of 18.2 which is the very bottom of the healthy range. I would like to go to 110 but thats unhealthy so I probably wont and instead aim for building more muscle to look leaner
  • Glitter_pumpkin
    Options
    I came on here when i was in the healthy range at around 135lbs and i'm 5' 4" but more in the middle of the healthy range, i'd like to be more near the beginning at around 105 to 110lbs so i don't have much to lose, like 10 to 15 more pounds but it's taking forever.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I came on here when i was in the healthy range at around 135lbs and i'm 5' 4" but more in the middle of the healthy range, i'd like to be more near the beginning at around 105 to 110lbs so i don't have much to lose, like 10 to 15 more pounds but it's taking forever.

Its taken me from March to now to lose that 13lbs :(

The first 7lbs fell off and its been hard work to get down to 113... but thats because I have been building muscle at the same time as losing fat!
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    Options
    Me! I've lost 30 ish pounds already so I was heavy, but I'm at a stage now where I could stop and still look / feel satisfied with my weight. But I really want to keep pushing for another 10 pounds or so just so I comfortably fit in the size I can get into now, etc.

I'm 5'7" and currently 154 lbs. Want to be 145lbs but struggle SO MUCH MORE with these last 10 than the first 30..Am trying to do a 12-week challenge of eating right, cardio and weights to really push myself through the last 10 lbs, but it's hard to be motivated when part of me keeps going 'well, you don't NEED to lose the weight, you'refine where you are'!
  • neglet
    neglet Posts: 20
    Options
    Between November 2008 and June 2009 I lost weight preparing for an athletic competition--trying to make weight for the division I wanted--and I did it without MFP. I'm 5'6" and went from around 148 to 126 at my competition weigh-in (2 pounds under the limit, yay!). I felt great, but thought I'd be a little healthier at 130, so I relaxed my routine a little. Not only did I get back to 130, I saw my weight balloon back up to 133, 135, 137... at 139 I joined MFP. I'm not competing this year, so I need some other form of discipline to keep me on track and away from the constant snacking that sabotaged my weight. I'm back down to 135, so most of the new summer clothes I bought last year fit, but I'd like to get back down to 130, and use MFP to maintain my weight there.

I feel fine at my current weight, but realize that if I don't constantly watch what I eat, I could easily gain back everything I lost. I like how I feel and look too much to do that, so I'm really trying to reinforce the lifestyle changes that gave me success in the first place.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this! I'm 5'2" and 149 pounds, I just want to be 130-135. Not too far off, but taking an eternity (my own fault mostly).
  • anikab
    anikab Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and 156lb right now and that is considered 'over weight' for my BMI but I also just had a baby in Feb. and trying to work off the baby weight is really hard the second time around as I'm finding out :/ I want to be 130lb, it was perfect for my bone structure and I looked great at that weight...when I started here I was 160lb so I'm making progress but ppl who have more weight to lose than I do that I know as friends keep making snide comments about it and they don't understand, I may not be 'fat' compared to their calculations but it's 'fat' to ME. kinda sucks sometimes.
  • karissastephens
    karissastephens Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and 122 pounds.. trying to get down to whatever weight where I can have abs.. seems almost impossible! Add me as a friend if any of you want to try to work through this and give each other any tips. I can't seem to lose anymore weight :(

Im in the same boat girly! Lets work on this together! Im 5'6 120 pounds wanting to be at 116. Not much to lose but it super hard when we are as small as we are already! I just wanna be defined not lose fat! I want those rock hard abs and tight tone legs :)
  • rose1617
    rose1617 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    5'4" and 144 lbs. as of today.
    I've had the hardest time losing this weight it's ridiculous. It's taken me 9 weeks to lose 7 lbs.
    I know it'll be a long road down to 120, but it'll be worth it!
  • misslizz6958
    misslizz6958 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Right here. 131 and 5'9 would like to be some where around 125 I just fit my butt in a size 3 jeans, I'm looking to get into a size 1