Need a Crash / Contest Prep type diet? I've got 12 days.

Options
2»

Replies

• FoodandFitness
    FoodandFitness Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Super-Awesome topic and suggestions for people who are looking for quick fixes that don't care about long term health. Like those with disordered mentalities.

Good work, dude. :flowerforyou:

Junken, This isn't a post for advice for anyone but me, and it is in no way a long term plan. I'm not sure if you are aware of this or not, but EVERY fitness competitor, male or female, or bodybuilder, male or female has a pre-contest diet and prep plan to get ready for that big day. Believe me, none of them walk around at %5 BF all year long and just walk up to the stage on contest day. There is a method for contest prep, that is what this post is about.

Successful bodybuilders and fitness competitors give themselves plenty of time to lean out before a competition. There is no need to crash diet before a contest, and there is little science to support what they do.

Wanna cut out all your carbs? Yeah, you'll lose water weight, but you'll also lose the glycogen in your muscles and you'll have a flat look because you're taking the water from the muscles too. Cutting out salt? Same thing.

If you crash diet, you'll more than likely lose strength and lean body mass.

My advice is just plan ahead a little more next year.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    Why do you care what you look like? Just have fun.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    PSMF. You'll feel like **** for the run, but it'll do what it's supposed to.

*ETA: I've been dieting for this contest since Christmas and I still have 5 weeks. People who crash diet for one don't last and look as terrible as they feel.
  • justdowhatworks
    Options
    Chicken breast, lettuce, water, cardio.
  • dillydally123
    dillydally123 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't comb my hair in the morning.
  • SanDiegoCasey
    SanDiegoCasey Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested I found some good info by Layne Norton in an article titled : A Unique Combination Of Science And Experience Based Pre-Contest Advice.
  • zipnguyen
    zipnguyen Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Layne helped me in the off season, cutting and during contest prep. And yes, time!!!!!!!!!!! You need ample time!!!!!!