ordered a bodymedia armband!!

Options
2»

Replies

• maybemarina
    maybemarina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Your post made me research this item a bit, as I had never heard of it. I'm a little confused... do you have to use their online tracking in order to know how much you burned, etc? It seems you have to pay for their online services - is that true? If it's just a matter of buying the actual product of the armband, I might be interested (especially since they are on sale on their website right now) as I'd like to know how many calories I'm ACTUALLY burning, as opposed to what the elliptical tells me I burned. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!

You have to pay, but if you buy it a year at a time, it's less than $5/month.. and in my opinion, totally worth it. Costs me less than the Latte I used to get! :-)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Your post made me research this item a bit, as I had never heard of it. I'm a little confused... do you have to use their online tracking in order to know how much you burned, etc? It seems you have to pay for their online services - is that true? If it's just a matter of buying the actual product of the armband, I might be interested (especially since they are on sale on their website right now) as I'd like to know how many calories I'm ACTUALLY burning, as opposed to what the elliptical tells me I burned. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!

You have to pay, but if you buy it a year at a time, it's less than $5/month.. and in my opinion, totally worth it. Costs me less than the Latte I used to get! :-)

I agree. Lots of people get concerned about the fact you have to pay for a subscription but its peanuts- and well worth it.
  • fadedimage
    fadedimage Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If anyone wants a 15% off code for the BodyMedia products, let me know (message me) and I can give you a unique one.
  • rankingfullstop
    rankingfullstop Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've been using one for a while and I'm glad that it integrates into Myfitnesspal. That I can factor in the info from my Digit iPhone app is even better. I wonder about the "vigorous" data readings though. I've done some fairly long workouts at 75-80% (just below Anaerobic) lets say for 1:15-1:45. I wind up with just a couple of minutes for vigorous activity. I know I can adjust the met levels but I'm really not 100% clear on them. I might give them a call later this week.
  • cristeberga
    cristeberga Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine, but I don't know how much I can trust it. I have read in other posts that we should take a 10% margin of error off from their numbers. Before I bought it, I used several websites to figure out my TDEE and all of them gave me something close to 1830. In fact, after inputting my info for the BodyMedia Link, it also gave me a TDEE of 1830. However, on weekdays where I am more active, it says that I actually burn more than that. I have had it for a little longer than a month and when I pull a report, the average burned daily is 2100. I would LOVE to eat that much. :bigsmile: but if I do take the 10% off, I get about 1890. Some days I end up having a larger deficit than I wished for because of these numbers.
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting one of these....hmmmm maybe I will go ahead and order one....I really want something that gives me an accurate number on calories burned when I workout
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    After doing some research, I'm wondering if it will work with my galaxy s3
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine today...I hope it's everything that people say it's cracked up to be! It will be nice to have an accurate caloric intake/burn instead of using the estimations of exercise machines. Best of luck with it!
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine today...I hope it's everything that people say it's cracked up to be! It will be nice to have an accurate caloric intake/burn instead of using the estimations of exercise machines. Best of luck with it!
  • caffeinated_frog
    caffeinated_frog Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am amused by the number of calories it sometimes says I burn on a busy day, however when I isolate the time period that I worked out for then I can use that number to adjust MFP numbers (which tend to run high). This way I'm getting a more accurate picture of how many calories I burn during a workout. I don't add the extra calories from the armband into MFP for the calorie adjustment when I do have a busy day, I just figure that's a bonus of calories burned. Makes up for any that I missed counting when eating.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I've had mine since June last year and it is AWESOME. I thought my TDEE was around 2000-2100 and lo and behold, my BodyMedia Fit confirms on my rest days I burn just about 2000, with my calories anywhere from 2100 to 2300 with exercise.

Couldn't ask for a better device.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I still don't know for sure if I'm doing mine right. Bodymedia gave me a 1510 calorie intake, but I burn anywhere from 2600-2900 in a day, so I just make sure I have as close to 1000 deficit as possible, so some days I am eating a 1900 calories, some days 1600. I log my food in MFP but I let Bodymedia take care of the calories burned. Thinking I may start logging exercise though if it's true it doesn't "double log"
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I still don't know for sure if I'm doing mine right. Bodymedia gave me a 1510 calorie intake, but I burn anywhere from 2600-2900 in a day, so I just make sure I have as close to 1000 deficit as possible, so some days I am eating a 1900 calories, some days 1600. I log my food in MFP but I let Bodymedia take care of the calories burned. Thinking I may start logging exercise though if it's true it doesn't "double log"

Why log exercise. BMF will be more accurate than the figures on MFP. Keep to your deficit- if you burn more than your target then you need to eat more.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I am amused by the number of calories it sometimes says I burn on a busy day, however when I isolate the time period that I worked out for then I can use that number to adjust MFP numbers (which tend to run high). This way I'm getting a more accurate picture of how many calories I burn during a workout. I don't add the extra calories from the armband into MFP for the calorie adjustment when I do have a busy day, I just figure that's a bonus of calories burned. Makes up for any that I missed counting when eating.
    Do you not link them?