New to Site..Old to lifestyle

Options
Erod1972
Erod1972 Posts: 34 Member
Hello all,

I am pretty new to this site, but like my subject says I am old to the healthy lifestyle. I have been weight training ever since high school which now is about 25 years...wow has it been THAT long??? Anyway I competed in natural bb comps in my past (about 10 years ago) and I was an advanced personal trainer and ran my own company as well. I am now in Law Enforcement so the training of others has unfortunately stagnated due to lack of time. I do have allot of knowledge and tips to share though, so if you need any please feel free to ask, oh and if you want to add me I would be more than happy to help. Contrary to what you might think I am not an elitist nor do I give my opinion or advice unless it is asked for. I was on the whole very low fat, moderate carbs, and super high protein plan for a long time...bu I am rethinking everything now. My GF (nmtgurl) has celiac and is gluten free. Since we found out about her disease we have looked for alternative ways of eating and have come across the paleo and primal diet. I also tried a few months of intermittent fasting but just got too darn hungry! Now I am conducting an experiment on myself and following a Marco diet with high fat, moderate protein, and lower carbs. I want to look like a 20 year old at 40...that's my goal. I weigh about 240 lbs at the moment with about 10% bf. So cutting my bf in half for the summer is my true goal.

Hope to hear from more people looking to get or stay in shape!

Remember healthy eating is not a sprint, its a marathon.

-E

Replies

• cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am pretty new to this site, but like my subject says I am old to the healthy lifestyle. I have been weight training ever since high school which now is about 25 years...wow has it been THAT long??? Anyway I competed in natural bb comps in my past (about 10 years ago) and I was an advanced personal trainer and ran my own company as well. I am now in Law Enforcement so the training of others has unfortunately stagnated due to lack of time. I do have allot of knowledge and tips to share though, so if you need any please feel free to ask, oh and if you want to add me I would be more than happy to help. Contrary to what you might think I am not an elitist nor do I give my opinion or advice unless it is asked for. I was on the whole very low fat, moderate carbs, and super high protein plan for a long time...bu I am rethinking everything now. My GF (nmtgurl) has celiac and is gluten free. Since we found out about her disease we have looked for alternative ways of eating and have come across the paleo and primal diet. I also tried a few months of intermittent fasting but just got too darn hungry! Now I am conducting an experiment on myself and following a Marco diet with high fat, moderate protein, and lower carbs. I want to look like a 20 year old at 40...that's my goal. I weigh about 240 lbs at the moment with about 10% bf. So cutting my bf in half for the summer is my true goal.

Hope to hear from more people looking to get or stay in shape!

Remember healthy eating is not a sprint, its a marathon.

-E

Hi and welcome this is awesome sight I love it. This is the first time I have succeed at anything like this. Feel free to add if you wish
  • Erod1972
    Options
    Bump..
  • Erod1972
    Options
    Bumping this, If you want to be friends and need motivation friend me, I'll help as much as I can. Plus its lonely with only 2 friends :cry:
  • Erod1972
    Options
    Bumpity bump