I HATE water!!!!!!!!!

Options
My husband thinks it's weird when I say it, but it's true: I really do HATE water!!!!!!!!! I can't stand the taste of it! A lot of people have told me that water doesn't taste, but I beg to differ. I have never liked it and I can only stand to have it when it is on ice and really, really cold. Anyway, I never really paid attention to how much water I was drinking in a day.
I had always heard that you are suppose to drink 8 cups of water a day, but I never really counted to see how much I was drinking. Obviously my distaste for water made it very difficult for me to drink that much, but I am proud to say I have been forcing myself to drink 8 cups of water a day :) Does anyone else have the same distaste for water, and does it ever go away??

Replies

• BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Have you tried putting a squeeze of citrus in it? Lemon, Lime or Orange? Or you can make cucumber water! Slice up a cucumber and put it in a pitcher with water and keep in the fridge. Yum!
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I don't hate water, but I do prefer it ice cold for some reason I can't drink water room temp. Lately I have been adding lemons to my water and love it, maybe you could try that. Good Luck!!
  • DJDUFFY
    DJDUFFY Posts: 98
    Options
    My husband thinks it's weird when I say it, but it's true: I really do HATE water!!!!!!!!! I can't stand the taste of it! A lot of people have told me that water doesn't taste, but I beg to differ. I have never liked it and I can only stand to have it when it is on ice and really, really cold. Anyway, I never really paid attention to how much water I was drinking in a day.
    I had always heard that you are suppose to drink 8 cups of water a day, but I never really counted to see how much I was drinking. Obviously my distaste for water made it very difficult for me to drink that much, but I am proud to say I have been forcing myself to drink 8 cups of water a day :) Does anyone else have the same distaste for water, and does it ever go away??

I have the same problem but i slice up Lemons and Limes and squeeze the juice from them into the water and it helps me.Try it you just might like it. :wink:
  • brujeria48
    brujeria48 Posts: 25
    Options
    OH YES. I can completely relate. I can't count how many times people have laughed at me for saying that I cannot tolerate the taste of water, and they chuckle even more when I say that drinking a lot of it makes me nauseous, but I swear it's true.

I work daily on trying to push water down, but it's tough. I initially was downing quite a bit by using those Propel packets (a half of a packet for a bottle of water), but then my trainer burst my bubble and told me that it doesn't really count. I've switched to putting lemon or lime juice in it just for some sort of different flavor, but I still struggle. I can choke it down as long as it's super cold, lukewarm water will not do.
  • jer2kat
    jer2kat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!! I never liked the taste of water but I have been doing better at drinking more water daily. It does get easier to drink it and on days I really can't stand to drink water I add lemon juice or once in a while mint to the water to give it a better taste and then I usually don't have a problem with drinking so much water. You could give it a try and see if it helps you as well!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    OK - Just for the record water in it's pure state does not have any taste, it is the minerals (and or junk) in the water leached from the plumbing, dissolved iron, etc... that imparts a taste to water.

Now having said that - drink your water.... :wink:
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Try getting the Crystal Light flavor packs...there are a lot of yummy flavors out there. Also Wal-Mart has their brand too. Propel and Lipton makes flavors as well. Usually they are anywhere from 0-10 calories each.
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I hate water too!! I drink Vitamin Water Zero and I also like Crystal Light Pure Fitness. I wonder can I count that as part of my water intake?? If so...I'll be a happy girl!! :happy:
  • Becky_Boop
    Becky_Boop Posts: 96
    Options
    I hatehatehatee water, but I think it may be because where I live the water where I live tastes like chlorine (the area is known for salt mining so the water kindof has a mix of that and the cleaning treatment). Anyway, I usually drink my water with sugar free ribena, not a lot but enough to taste that over chlorine! It's low calorie and makes me more inclined to drink my 8 glasses. (I quite happily drink bottled water or filtered water when I'm out though) x
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Get a Brita (or other Carbon filter) water filter pitcher. Or spring for an under sink reverse osmosis water filter system.

No one should have to drink Clorinated water, or crappy water. Remember that you are 50 to 80% water.
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I freeze slices of lemon,lime and oranges and add to my water, yuuuuuuuumo
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    i used to really hate water too

give it time

start drinking just a little at a time, and build it up

using a water filter can help with the taste

i used to use sugar free cordial to put in my water in the beginning

:drinker:
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Have you tried putting a squeeze of citrus in it? Lemon, Lime or Orange? Or you can make cucumber water! Slice up a cucumber and put it in a pitcher with water and keep in the fridge. Yum!

Cucumber water is the BEST THING IN THE WORLD! Especially on a hot day, nothing else can beat it :-) Gunna stop by the store tonight and get a cucumber! YUM!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I freeze slices of lemon,lime and oranges and add to my water, yuuuuuuuumo

That sounds delicious! I'm going to have to try that!
  • ieatstickers
    ieatstickers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Are you a fan of tea? Normally I make a pitcher of flavored water by using the celestial sampler tea bags, and it really tastes much better. it's all natural herbs, too, so it's still no calories. they got all sorts of flavors to choose from like blueberries, tangerines, raspberry zinger..
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    just start drinking it. In time you will get used toit. I also hate water, but now I am drinking 88 oz a day. I just have to think about it. Every time I go to BR when I am home I go to kitchen and drink 8-16oz of water until I have had my quota for the day.
  • redbedhead
    redbedhead Posts: 53
    Options
    I hate water too!! I drink Vitamin Water Zero and I also like Crystal Light Pure Fitness. I wonder can I count that as part of my water intake?? If so...I'll be a happy girl!! :happy:

YES!!! As long as it has less than 10 calories for 8 oz, my registered diatician says it can be used towards the water count!
  • tcac
    tcac Posts: 211 Member
    Options

YES!!! As long as it has less than 10 calories for 8 oz, my registered diatician says it can be used towards the water count!

I would be careful of all of those artificial sweetners. It has been said they cause sweet cravings, and they are just not good for you.
  • fauxdetresse
    Options
    i live off of crystal light. i drink tons of water with it.
  • mandipandi2010
    Options
    I promise you, I can relate. When I first started this journey I would LITERALLY gag off of water. Seriously Gag! Once you start working out hard and are thirsty you will find that nothing quenches thirst they way water does. Its been almost 4 months now and I only drink MAYBE one soda a day. I use to drink a 12 pack in 3 days before.

Keep pushing and have faith. Water is whats best or like others have said Crystal Light is great too!