Doing it for ME first

Options
sweetn3ss
sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
Hey Y'all. I am Jamie or sweetness. I am 27 years old and I have 2 beautiful daughters. My oldest Gabrielle is 10 (though I did not bear her I still claim her as my own), and my youngest Magdalena is almost 2. I have been heavy all my life my highest weight was 310 lbs. At this weight my doctor gave 1 year to live. So I had gastric bypass surgery on 7/16/2004. I lost weight rapidly and hit a plateau at 145 lbs. (a very comfortable plateau), However because I moved from Denver, CO to Austin, TX two months after surgery I was denied post-op care. The surgery was a success, but it was bound to fail because I never experienced "dumping syndrome". With the lack of this experience I was able to eat things I shouldnt have eaten (i.e sugar, and excessive alcoholic bevs). I divorced from my husband in 2005 and soon after I met my soulmate online. I packed up and moved to NH to be with him so he didn't have to leave his daughter. We have been together for 5 wonderful years now. I think finding him is why I need to lose weight again in 5 years I have gained 105 lbs. I am back up over 240 and I hate that. I am doing WW and my doctor has placed me on a 1300 calorie diet. Now that I am counting calories I get the urge to burn them off. My goal is to get back into my post - op clothes (size 14) which means I have 10 pant sizes to go and 100 lbs. I need to do this for ME so I can be there for my family! I know I can not do it alone so please help me build my MFP community!

Always ~ J

Replies

• Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    You go girl!!!! You are quite an inspiration, loved your story!

Feel free to add me as a friend. :-)
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is a great place for support and advice. I wish you the best of luck! :smile:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Duplicate post – sorry!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome to MFP. You will find lots of support & friendship here, plus lots of People who truly understand what you are going through.
    The Nutrition & Fitness Trackers are my FAVORITE tools for keeping 'On-Track'.

:flowerforyou: Good Luck!!
  • bhhicks
    bhhicks Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey! Just remember, you can do it. I just joined this site yesterday. I know how you feel. I was my heaviest when I was pregnant with my 2nd son. I got up to 292 pounds. I lost down to 196 after 2 years of hard dieting. I stayed that weight for 1 year, until they took me off Phentermine. I immediately gained back up to 244 within 1 year of being off the diet pills. I just had surgery to repair a hiatial hernia and acid reflux, nad have lost 7 pounds since last week. Even so, I am scared the weight will come back on after I can eat normally again. Maybe we can help each other through this. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    welcome. :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • sweetn3ss
    Options
    Thank you all for your supportive words. Bhhicks I recently asked my doctor to prescribe be adipex P to help me lose weight. LOL that didnt go so well instead she put me on meds for my bipolar disorder (thats right im crazy lol), and on a strict calorie diet. So goes life right. Good Luck all
  • sweetn3ss
    Options
    Thank you all for your supportive words. Bhhicks I recently asked my doctor to prescribe be adipex P to help me lose weight. LOL that didnt go so well instead she put me on meds for my bipolar disorder (thats right im crazy lol), and on a strict calorie diet. So goes life right. Good Luck all
  • Robin304
    Robin304 Posts: 64
    Options
    Welcome!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi ,add me a friend and we can do this together :)
  • KaeBry
    KaeBry Posts: 4
    Options
    Best wishes in taking it off & keeping it off. Just stay positive!
  • blufire07
    blufire07 Posts: 14
    Options
    you go girl!!! you can do this
  • stongue
    stongue Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's very nice to meet you and you are at the perfect place to get the support and help you need. You can get back into those clothing again:) I find that I am my best cheerleader, what I mean is I get all excited when I accomplish even the smallest goal such as working out when I'm tired or staying under my calorie count for one day. So get your pom-poms out girl!!! You know you can do it and I know you can do it! Please feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. We'll cheer for each other.