Cucumbers?

Options

Replies

• Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    If you like spicy food, I make a very good cucumber asian type soup.

You peel and cut the cucs lengthwise into strips. In a bowl, you add some apple cidar vinegar, soy sauce, a little bit of jalepeno or serrano pepper, cut up in very small pieces, and that red chili paste sauce (comes in a jar and is kind of reddish-orange-ish). Toss in a little bit of chili powder. Add in a little bit of cut up tomato and let marinade in the fridge a little bit. Eat cold. Very good with sticky rice. You just have to experiment with the chili paste/pepper because it can get wickedly spicy hot but it is oh so good if you like spicy!

Sounds like cucumber kimchi, I'm actually going to try your recipe! I'm kind of addicted to red pepper paste :).
  • design_nut2
    design_nut2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can make chicken gyros!

Pitas
    Chicken (marinated in a bit of olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic & oregano)

Tzatiki Cucumber Sauce:
    1 Cup Greek Yogurt
    1 minced garlic clove
    1/2 tsp oregano, or mint if you prefer
    1/2 cup diced cucumbers
    Salt to taste

Garnish pitas with fresh tomato and cucumbers!!!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I use this website for veggie recipes and according to the site there are 882 cucumber recipes!! Who knew there were so many??

http://www.justvegetablerecipes.com/inxcuc.html

This site looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.
  • labelleariane
    labelleariane Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    gazpacho!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    CUCUMBER SOUR CREAM SALAD

4 med. cucumbers
    1 1/2 c. Light dairy sour cream
    1 sm. clove garlic, minced
    2 tbsp. salad oil
    2 tsp. sugar
    1 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. white wine vinegar
    1/2 tsp. dill weed

Pare cucumbers and slice thinly into large bowl. Stir together remaining ingredients except dill weed; pour over cucumbers and toss lightly. Sprinkle with dill weed. Cover and chill. Just before serving, toss carefully. 8-10 servings.

My daughter would love this ,thanks :)
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I use this website for veggie recipes and according to the site there are 882 cucumber recipes!! Who knew there were so many??

http://www.justvegetablerecipes.com/inxcuc.html

That's an awesome website! thank you for posting it! :happy:
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I love cucumber sandwiches!! Spread some low fat cream cheese on two slices of toasted ww bread, and load up the sandwich with sliced cucumbers! I like to cut the crusts off too and cut into triangles, reminds me of tea and toasts. :))

Another is a cucumber salad - slice cucumbers in a bowl, add sliced red onion, a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and chopped fresh dill and let it ferment for a few hours. Very refreshing and super low calorie. You could also throw in some halved cherry tomatoes.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bump - bumpty - bump! can't wait to try some of these!
  • mommymosser
    Options
    use fat free sour cream, sweetener, salt &pepper, vinegar and dill to taste for a dressing . Thinnly slice the cucumbers and some onion. Let the water bleed off the cucumbers for a few hours or it will water down the salad. Put sliced cucumbers and onion in a bowl add dressing to soak. MMM good
  • Delikatz
    Delikatz Posts: 16
    Options
    I thought the cucumber martini sounded interesting, so went and looked up a recipie...can't wait to try it !! Here it is......

Ingredients
    •2 oz. Vodka (Grey Goose)
    •1/4 oz. Lemon Juice
    •2 slices Cucumber
    •3 pieces Mint
    •1/2 oz. Sugar Syrup
    Mixing Instructions
    Muddle mint and a cucumber slice in a cocktail shaker. Add other ingredients and ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass, and garnish with a slice of cucumber and a fresh mint sprig.
  • wilkypoo
    wilkypoo Posts: 52
    Options
    bump. thanks for sharing
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    Dip them in some Catilina Light Dressing....Yum.....:happy:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Bump - These all sound delicious!!!
  • mddomain
    mddomain Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I cut cucumbers into thin slices and eat them in place of potato chips with a sandwich. I was eating baked chips, and then I realized I could cut out about 120 calories by eating cucumbers instead. Plus the cukes are much healthier than the baked chips. I eat them with a little hummus, and it is wonderful! I like Tribe Organic hummus because Costco has it in individual servings so I don't eat the whole bowl! :smile:
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I cut cucumbers into thin slices and eat them in place of potato chips with a sandwich. I was eating baked chips, and then I realized I could cut out about 120 calories by eating cucumbers instead. Plus the cukes are much healthier than the baked chips. I eat them with a little hummus, and it is wonderful! I like Tribe Organic hummus because Costco has it in individual servings so I don't eat the whole bowl! :smile:

Nice organic hummus in individual servings that's a good to know thanks for sharing!!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I love cucumber sandwiches!! Spread some low fat cream cheese on two slices of toasted ww bread, and load up the sandwich with sliced cucumbers! I like to cut the crusts off too and cut into triangles, reminds me of tea and toasts. :))

Another is a cucumber salad - slice cucumbers in a bowl, add sliced red onion, a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and chopped fresh dill and let it ferment for a few hours. Very refreshing and super low calorie. You could also throw in some halved cherry tomatoes.

How could I forget these had them when I took my girls to the tea house!! Now we can have our own tea party at home!!
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    I had one today with tomatoes onions tsp. oil and vinegar and a little pepper on top and let me just say garden fresh cucumbers are sooooooooo good!! They are going to be great with many of the receipes.........Thanks again everyone for sharing!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I'm not normally a fan of cucumbers (but give me spinach any day!) but some of these recipe ideas sound good I just had to bump this post for later.

Cucumbers are 0.59 each at No Frills starting Friday hence my motivation.
  • traceysturn
    traceysturn Posts: 196
    Options
    Heres a simple one:
    Sliced cukes & tomatoes lil s&p & light ranch dressing.
    We have this at least once a week - Easy schmeasy!!