Dropping Weight in the beginning

Options
Hey!

So I know that the bigger you are, and the more drastic your lifestyle changes, the faster you will lose weight to start. How fast did you guys lose weight to start and when did it slow down?

Replies

• mikegales
    mikegales Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Good question. I wonder the same thing. I started logging on mfp about ten weeks ago. I'm down almost 50 pounds and it hasn't slowed down yet. I did have a lot to lose and I have a very active job. The drastic weight loss almost freaks me out like it is to fast but I feel great and I consistently eat over 2400 calories. My blood pressure is lower and I'm sleeping better too.
  • Cakelady92
    Options
    bump
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Mine never really slowed down (averaged 2 to 3 lbs a week on average during weight loss mode), and I ended up 10 lbs past goal as I continued to lose, as I slowly increased my calorie intake once I hit maintenance.

The curse of the plateau never hit me.
  • mooshie89
    mooshie89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    wow 50 pounds in ten weeks! I hope I can do that!!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I'm down 21 lbs in 4.5 weeks and showing no signs of slowing down yet!
  • Cakelady92
    Options
    I've lost 25 in 12 days.
  • Cakelady92
    Options
    anyone else?
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I made a goal to lose 20lbs in January.. first two months the weight came off as planned, 14lbs worth.. March hit and I've been down to 167lb then back up to 169 and so on and so forth.. I ate more calories the last few days and the weight seems to be be coming off again.. finally saw 166.5 during today's weigh in. I think I will have to evaluate over the next few days whether this is working or not. I don't think I would have hit a plateau if I had increased my calories tbh
  • Cakelady92
    Options
    My scale is now broken and the other old one I have is saying I'm 3 pounds heavier than my starting weight. what to believe?!
  • terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    anyone else?
    I have lost 109 in one year and i am still losing steadily. I have 60-70 more to go!! :smile:
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    WOW! You guys/gals are AMAZING!!

I'm 5' 4" and started out at 249 pounds. It has taken me 5 1/2 months to lose 21 pounds. But then, I'm in my 50s, unemployed and quite sedentary (although I've been working on the sedentary part since the first of the year).

Edited to add that I am not "dieting". I've done that in the past and gained the weight back fast than I lost it. These days, I'm just eating a little less of the bad stuff and trying to add in more of the good stuff while staying about 500 calories below my pitifully low TDEE.
  • juleskitcat
    juleskitcat Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! 25 in 12 days? How? That's amazing.
  • OMGItsErinPratt
    OMGItsErinPratt Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I lost 12 pounds in my first 2 weeks. Then, it gradually started slowing down. Now, I lose anywhere from 1-4 pounds per week, depending on my body. I have PCOS, so that also makes it really inconsistent. I just hope I can continue to lose at least 2 pounds per week.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in January of this year, eating the recommended 1200 calories a day. I lost 6 lbs in the first 10 days and then nothing for 2 weeks. I started losing weight again when I began eating more calories on some days, less on others. I truly believe that after a lifetime of yo-yo dieting, my body adjusts very quickly to a steady low-calorie diet. I have to mix it up to keep things moving.
  • Cakelady92
    Options
    Changed my diet and exercise routine drastically and also started taking Topamax for bipolar which has weight loss as a common side effect.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    33 lbs. in less than 3 months...and that's with hitting a plateau in the beginning because I wasn't eating enough. Everything has been right on target so far.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    First month I lost 18lbs and now I am at over 2 months and I have lost about 24lbs so it really slowed down for me after the first month but still has not stopped by any means
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Lost like 5 lbs in a week almost without even trying, started slowing down around 3 months in.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 pounds my first 2 weeks in the very beginning when I started. I got to 20 lbs lost in 6 weeks and then plateaued for 3 months. I gained almost all of it back, lost 17 lbs in 8 weeks and got stuck, quit and gained 10 back. Now I've lost 5 in 8 weeks (maybe more, but I only weigh in once a month so won't be or a few more days) and am down to 15 lost from that first starting number. I hit around 175 and I can't seem to break that number, but I am determined to do whatever I have to this time to finish losing all this weight!
  • tawanarencher
    Options
    I'm sitting here reading these posts and am so blown away! You guys are so amazing! Well I have a friend who steered me in this direction because I've seen what this program has done for her and she is even more of a diva. She looks fantastic! She has been doing this for over a year but I seen results in the first month or two. I'm hoping to lose 35lbs...maybe 38lbs. I am going to work hard as my illnesses will let me work. Seeing your stories inspires me. I told my friend she's lit a fire under my butt. Hopefully this lupus (and other stuff) doesn't put it out!!