Questions for the Coffee Drinkers....

Options

Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    My day doesn't start until I've had my morning latte. I love coffee!
  • janetsalley
    janetsalley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow...good idea to sweeten your coffee w\protien powder
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Drink coffee daily, have lost 30+ lbs. Some days cream+sugar, other days just some milk.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I drink 4-6 cups a day. DRINK ALL THE COFFEEZ!!!!11!!!11>!!!!!1

THIS.

Besides, what else am I supposed to drink while eating my donut?
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Wondering if anyone here has tried making Bulletproof Coffee and if they like it? You blenderize coffee with organic butter and some cocoanut oil...supposed to be really great for you as well as tasty. Anyone?
    Sounds nasty... I think I'll keep drinking my fresh-roasted coffee with no contaminants in it.
  • dpvike80
    dpvike80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Lost all of mine while drinking black coffee with nothing added. Not stopping either....
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I'm a coffee snob and I love good, freshly ground coffee and drinking it in its natural state...black! I have at least 2 big mugs each day, usually in the morning, and I can honestly say it hasn't had any effect on my weight loss/fitness either way.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Ive lost around 15lbs and I drink coffee every single day..... I put splenda and 2 tbsp. of creamer for every 8oz... something sugar free whip cream.... usually I don't drink more than a cup of coffee... my coffee usually takes 100 (or less) calories of my diary... I will no give up coffee....
  • neacail
    neacail Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have just, as of this weekend, cut myself way back in coffee consumption. My International Delight whitener was eating up too many calories: sometimes as many as 400 a day. I'd rather use those calories for real food.
  • samuelstrausser
    Options
    At first i cut coffee out of my diet and tried caffeine pills which really helped a lot too. I recently though got back into coffee when i woke up with a great idea. I usually have a protein drink every morning with my breakfast, 1 scoop of pure whey isolate protein with a cup of unsweetened almond milk. I thought coffee has powdered creamer why couldnt i just add my powder protein to coffee and get that my coffee craving out as well as getting my morning protein and cutting a few calories out. It is absolutely delicious!!!, i use my mgn pure whey isolate cinnamon bun protein and i love it. Tastes amazing and get all my great nutritional values for my morning breakfast :)
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 8-9 cups a day and I have cut back. I found a whitener , online,called mimic creme. I love it. I use 4 tsp of mimic cream, 1 tsp of 1/2 & 1/2 and 1 tsp of coconut milk, per cup, for 4 cups a day. It is not calorie free, nor particularly healthy, its appx 130 cals a day, but, for this hard-core coffee drinker (Trader Joes is awesome) , its a good compromise,,,,I love it. I also enjoy the occasional black coffee.
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    How many of you who have lost weight continued to drink coffee during your weight loss program? I would not say I am a heavy coffee drinker, (maybe 2 - 3 cups per day) and I never put cream or sugar in it. Have any of you continued to lose weight while drinking coffee? If so, what did you put in it, cream, sugar or coffee whitener? I have a hard time giving up coffee - I tried and I was grumpy and tired. There are also a lot of mixed opinions on coffee promoting or inhibiting weight loss that I am unsure of.

I still drink coffee. Maybe 5 times a week. Usually 2 cups a day. I've lost 34 pounds in 60 days. I use Equal as a sweetener and no dairy creamer @ 10 calories a serving and I do two servings.
  • acasper3
    acasper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use stevia for their coffee?
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee everyday with half and half. I include the calories from the 1/2 into my daily allowance and it has not effected my weight loss at all.
  • ItsmeLeahh
    Options
    I use to drink 5-6 cups a day. I cut back to 2 sometimes 3. I use cream and sugar in mine it's one thing I won't give up. Hasn't affected my weight loss.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    have no intentions of giveing up my 3 cups or so of coffee per day - Nescafe instant with small amount of low fat milk, no sugar - very few calories anyway.
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I drink 1-2 cups of coffee per day (LOVE my keurig LOL)
    I put about 1 ounce of fat free creamer in mine, and also stevia, or SF davinci syrup (2 pumps)

I drink one cup in the morning, and the other in the afternoon (when I need it)

I used to drink caramel machiatos (half sweet, non fat) 1-2 times per day from starbucks. Now I drink starbucks (americano with skim milk and sf hazenut. Or a regular coffee with sf hazelnut and skim milk) once per week. Not only has it helped my weightloss, it's helped my wallet! LOL
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Does anyone use stevia for their coffee?

I do. Sometimes. If I want a different flavour, I use sf syrup. If I want regular coffee flavour, I use a stevia packet.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I drink 4-5 cups of black coffee every day. No creamer, no milk, no sugar. Just black coffee.

Is good. Keeps me functioning like a (relatively) sane person.

No intention of ever giving it up. I suffer migraines, and even my neurosurgeon (it's that serious) tells me to drink it because the caffeine helps with migraines.
  • maybemarina
    maybemarina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I definitely haven't given coffee up. I started using unsweetened almond milk as a ''creamer'' though - only 30 calories per cup! Because I don't like my coffee black, this almost makes it into a lattee-like smoothness, without the calories of regular milk. :drinker: