Questions for the Coffee Drinkers....

Options

Replies

• lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I drink 2-3 12oz cups a day. I do use creamer, but before I would pour it in to my heart's content, not measuring or anything. When I did start measuring I was putting 3T of creamer per cup. I realized I was using a ridiculous amount of calories on creamer, so I managed to get it down to 1T and 1t per cup. And I use sugar free creamer now. So my daily calories for coffee are between 45-90 calories a day. Not bad at all. Every so often I'll get a tall coffee at Starbucks using skim milk and sugar free syrup and it's between 60-80 depending whether it 's brewed or iced. so yeah, KEEP the coffee. Down 74lbs as of today, so it hasn't slowed me down one bit.:drinker:
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I put the following in mine: Fat free Flavored creamer in small amounts (1 tsp per cup) and a little bit of light Powdered creamer, 1 tsp. And yes, I never stopped drinking coffee throughout my weight loss journey. I avr. 3-4 cups per day.
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If I want it extra light I add unsweetened almond milk, that tastes good too and is very low in calories.
  • schaskes
    schaskes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I lost my entire 40 lbs while drinking black coffee in the morning. I will say that I usually do not allow myself to have beyond my morning 16 ounces UNTIL I've had my 8 glasses of water or pretty close. In other words, I have to "earn" additional coffee by drinking water first. It has the double bonus of keeping me hydrated, since the caffeine can make me dehydrated.
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    I will never give up my coffee..lol..
    Yes I have lost weight still drinking :)
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I've turned my morning iced coffee into a protein shake version of itself. Yum-mo. :smile:
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have about 2 cups most days. I used to use creamers & syrups, now I use 1 oz 1% milk & 1/4 tsp extract - peppermint, raspberry & hazelnut are the ones I've tried so far. Peppermint is by far my favorite.
  • Bugeater4JC
    Bugeater4JC Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda and switched to coffee in January. Now I drink 3 cups/day and love it. 1 tbls homemade raw milk french vanilla creamer, 1 teaspoon raw honey per cup. Add in the calories at the start of the day and go from there. Weight loss still moving in the right direction. I'll make a sacrifice somewhere else.
  • SheriBethB
    SheriBethB Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee everyday and it hasn't affected my weightloss. I cut back on using the flavored creamers because I used waaay too much, but will still have them every now and then. Right now I just add a little almond or coconut milk to it. Yummy.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have a coffee when I'm tired and on spinning days (Friday). I still continue to have coffee in the morning, max 3 days a week and I lost 7lbs in a month. I started to sub sugar for honey and I use almond milk - not cream (ick!).
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I drank my coffee black with a packet of Truvia before beginning my new lifestyle. I have personally found that when I drink coffee I crave sweets so I've given up coffee at least until I've lost my weight. We'll see when I get there whether I have a desire to start it back up again. I don't really miss it much unless I'm not eating healthy, which then makes me crave coffee - I think I see a pattern!!
  • Aedrah
    Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 1 cup of coffee everyday, and I put 2tbsp of half and half cream, and one raw sugar in. I've lost 24 lbs. My lack of losing more isn't because of the coffee. It's because I love to eat.. bread, pizza, burgers etc. and don't deprive myself all the time, even if it means going over my cals for the day. If you love coffee, don't deprive yourself. Just make sure you count it and try to adjust what you eat to fit around it. No one needs to be deprived of coffee!
  • IRollC30
    IRollC30 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How many of you who have lost weight continued to drink coffee during your weight loss program? I would not say I am a heavy coffee drinker, (maybe 2 - 3 cups per day) and I never put cream or sugar in it. Have any of you continued to lose weight while drinking coffee? If so, what did you put in it, cream, sugar or coffee whitener? I have a hard time giving up coffee - I tried and I was grumpy and tired. There are also a lot of mixed opinions on coffee promoting or inhibiting weight loss that I am unsure of.

I've fluctuated my coffee intake for years, some years I drink 16oz a day and up to about a month ago I had gone up to 40oz!

I've cut back down to 16oz that I drink black. I don't enjoy the taste of it but I need it to start my day. On the weekends I'm only drinking 8oz, so I'm trying to scale back. I've heard from people that it is possible to totally eliminate coffee and feel "normal" throughout the day. I'm still working on it - it's going to take me time to scale back to nothing...

coffee-235x300.jpg
  • ysienkiewicz
    ysienkiewicz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I drink about 3 cups of coffee a day and I use 1/2 & 1/2. It is something I really enjoy. I just make sure I count the calories. I use Stevia to sweeten my coffee. (I actually like the Stevia I get at Trader Joe's better than Truvia.)
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Drinking it with the protein powder is interesting! I might have to try that with my vanilla whey powder. Thanks!

I do this with my iced coffee. Protein powder, almond milk and chilled coffee over ice...YUMMM!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Who resurrected this thread?!?!

FIRST OFF - OP HAS DEACTIVATED HER ACCOUNT.

SECOND - BLACK COFFEE HAS ZERO CALORIES.
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free coffee syrup in my coffee. My preference is french vanilla.... 0 calories and 0 carbs and 0 fat
  • isefluffy44
    isefluffy44 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm drinking 2 cups in the morning with Stevia, nothing else, and I've been losing.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    black Coffee has ZERO nutritional value.

It can aid weight-loss due to it's caffiene content which is a hunger suppressant. So you don't need to kick it. Enjoy it.

Actually, even though it does not have protein, fat or carbohydrates (well, a trace of fat and carbs) it does have a LOT of potassium and not much sodium. And the good news is that decaf has even slightly more potassium per cup than regular (just make sure that it is "Swiss Water Processed" decaf---which most decaf is today). Another bit of good news is that one of the metabolites of coffee, l-methyl xanthine, competitively inhibits the enzyme (xanthine oxidase) which produces uric acid (high blood uric acid is often a problem in the obese). So enjoy your coffee! I use a bit of cream and Aroy-D (I corrected the potassium reading for it in the data base) coconut milk in mine (the coconut milk is also high in potassium). I use one cup of "fully leaded" in the morning and then switch to decaf for the rest of the day (I drink 2 to 3 cups of decaf during the rest of the day). I've learned to enjoy it without sugar. The caffeine is energizing but I find decaffeinated just as energizing--probably from the potassium. It is hard to get enough potassium on a calorie-restricted diet, even if you don't eat processed food (which has a HUGE amount of sodium). We should be getting roughly one and a half times more potassium than sodium (minimum 1,500 mg. of sodium and minimum 2,200 potassium). Some who eat lots of processed food get 3 or 4 times the amount of sodium as potassium. Not very good for long-term health, for a variety of reasons.
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I drink it one to two times a day. I like using something called MimicCream Almond & Cashew Creamer in place of milk when I can. Lactose free and low-calorie.